Technical Sales Specialist, AEC
- Flexible / Remote
Job Requisition ID #
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) t o work in collaboration with our Architectural, Engineering and Construction customers, S ales and the extended account team in the BeNeLux market
A TSS is responsible for leading all technical aspects of an Autodesk sales campaign, using in-depth industry and software knowledge to uncover customer business issues and suggest improvements, thus earning status as a trusted advisor with the customer.The TSS meets with individuals at all levels with the customer, from C-level executives to draftspersons, in order to understand customer pressures, initiatives and obstacles and propose Autodesk s olutio ns that help meet customer goals.
We are actively looking for new and fresh views and those that seek out the unconventional and embrace the ideas that change the way things are done. A diverse workforce creates innovative products, solutions, and experiences for our customers , so w e proactively work to ensure that the Autodesk team reflects the world we live in.
- Takes ownership of technical sales opportunities and supports the Northern Europe team where needed. Investigates, uncovers and understands customers ' business pressures, initiatives and obstacles, and defines Autodesk solutions that meet customers' goals.
- Maintains and grows respected, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Autodesk sales force and extended account involved with the sales opportunity .
- Performs analysis and leads discovery of growth opportunities within an account .
- Engages in strategic account planning with the sales representative throughout the sales process
- Proposes options for improvement or resolution of customer issues and relates those solutions directly to the customer' business goals/issues .
- Works with Authorised Autodesk Reseller technical staff to ensure they are proficient with Autodesk software tools. Partners with them to grow, refine, and enhance their abilities.
- Conducts professional product /industry presentations and demonstrations in large forums that are Autodesk sponsored in order to generate sales and meet revenue objectives as well as be seen as a thought leader in the industry.
- Provides occasional post-sales support. This support should only be performed to continue the strategic relationship with the account and should ultimately assist in future sales.
- Utilises Target Account Selling practices during the sales cycle .
- U tilise s social media to build industry profile and drive awareness of Autodesk .
- The role does include travel for customer and internal meetings, partner events and other events as required. (Across Northern Europe and the US, and other global locations when required).
- AEC Industry experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to become an expert in the use of Autodesk solutions for Building Information Modelling across multiple disciplines.
- Technical knowledge of using one or more of the following applications: Revit (Architecture/Structure/MEP) , Civil 3D, Infraworks , AutoCAD, Navisworks, 3ds Max, BIM 360 portfolio.
- Good understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) workflow processes.
- Experience in understanding customer processes and mapping technical solutions to customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team of technical personnel, marketing/ sales people , and project managers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent group facilitation skills.
- Previous experience of technical sales desirable however we are willing to consider individuals from a non-sales background.
- Energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic personality, a self-starter with initiative, willing to engage with all levels of a customer with a growth mindset.
- Dutch/Flemish language skills and/or French language skills
- Further Education Qualification or Degree related to Architectural, Engineering or Construction Industry Experience , desirable but not essential.
- While experience in the AEC industry is desirable, i f you have a growth mindset , with experience and passion in helping customers improve their business processes in other industries , then we'd love to hear from you too.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top