Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is seeking a Software Development Manager to join the Data Ingestion team within Data Platform & Insights. The Data Ingestion team is responsible for building and maintaining important enterprise data pipelines and developing simple, repeatable ingestion patterns for Autodesk's internal data platform.
As a Software Development Manager, you will have the opportunity to build and mentor a team of strong engineers to up-level ourdata ingestion servicesthat feed critical business data into our data lake. Ideally, you enjoy balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that teams globally distributed can use with ease. You should be as enthusiasticaboutbuildingand motivatinga team as you are about the technical problems that you and your team will solve.
- Lead,grow, and motivate a diverseteam of 4-6 engineers
- Steer thearchitecture effortsforcommon data ingestion patterns and services for theAutodesk Data Platform
- Own and improve developer tooling with an eye towards self-service, reliability, and developer efficiency
- Maintain high quality, performance and availability of services managed
- Collaborate with productmanagersandcustomerstoroadmap and prioritize the work for your team of engineers
- Establish high technical standards through processes and culture
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths while also jumping into the code as needed
- Meet with the rest of the engineeringleadership to align engineering-wide priorities
- Set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Build healthy inclusive teams promoting diversity
- Foster engineering excellence and a collaborative culture
- Keep team unified, motivated and connected to the goals of the organization
- Continuously improve team processes and validate scope estimations
- Participate in technical design discussions and communicate effectively across cross functional teams
- Develop roadmaps and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Bachelor'sdegree, Masters preferred in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- Solid professional experience designing, building, and maintaining data ingestion patterns and frameworks
- Solid knowledge and experience with functional or object-oriented programming (i.e. Java, Python) and writing optimal and efficient SQL queries
- Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid proficiency with AWS services
- Problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to make sound, complexdecisionsin a fast-paced, technical environment.
- 5+ years' experience building, managing and leading high performing engineering teams
- Solid Experience working with stakeholders to align on goals and risks
- Humble, collaborative, team player, willing to step up and support your colleagues
- Effective communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Commit to grow deeper in the knowledge and understanding of how to improve our existing applications
- Enthusiasm for cutting edge technologies, complex problems, and building things
- Familiar with non-functional testing such as load, performance and resiliency testing
- Good command of English (Speaking, Writing and Reading)
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
- Experience with Big Data especially on Product data
- Good understanding of data architecture fundamentals
- Experience in Elasticsearch/Kibana/Looker
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.