Senior User Experience Designer
- Portland, OR
Job Requisition ID #
As Autodesk's products become more cloud connected, it is even more critical to help our customers learn our products quickly and build on their learning. The AutoCAD experience design team is key to this transformation and is looking for a Sr. User Experience Designer who can help shape the future of integrated and online learning experiences for AutoCAD desktop, web, and mobile applications.
The role's primary focus is creating user interfaces that concentrate on integrated messaging systems and designs that expertly guide our customers and help them gain confidence to continually expand their use of our complex products. You will work in partnership with content design teams, other designers, developers, and customers to make sure the surrounding context of a design supports and complements the content and learning needs and behaviors of our customers.
Our award winning, global Experience Design (XD) Team is part of Autodesk's Design & Creation Products (DCP) organization. DCP houses all of Autodesk's core products across a variety of industries, ensuring they have a strong future by making them modern and cloud connected. In this role, supporting the AutoCAD business, take pride in delivering products that reach millions of customers, generate over 1B dollars in annual revenue, and create experiences that inspire users to Make Anything!
To be considered, please submit your resume, portfolio and password for review.
- Compare, contrast, and prioritize among alternative approaches to meet design objectives, using judgment to suggest optimal solutions to design problems that balance customer learning needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Communicate solutions and designs through appropriate documentation such as text, diagrams, illustrations/visualizations, and/or prototypes
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and other designers to define great experiences from initial concept through successful implementation
- Facilitate and participate in customer interaction and research in many forms, from interviews to usability testing, to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Facilitate presentations and discussions with users, developers, and product marketers to drive resolution on proposed features and functionality
- Set and communicate clear expectations and deliver on them in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce
- Review feature implementation, test plans, and documentation to ensure accuracy to plans
- Ability to work on a of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation and drive them from concept to conclusion
- Great leadership skills and ability to interact with others effectively via teamwork and diplomacy. Can adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and data to inform or drive design decisions for outcomes that delight customers
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with developers, user researchers, peer interaction designers, learning content developers, and to accept input from a variety of other corporate peers and sponsors
- Familiarity with user research methods. This includes interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual inquiry
- Working knowledge of Agile development processes
- Strong portfolio/samples available for viewing
- Working knowledge of design software; Adobe Creative Suite/Create Cloud, Balsamiq, Visio, Sketch, InVsion etc.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
- 5+ years of industry design experience on corporate, software, web, or mobile solutions
- Experience with digital learning solutions, instructional design, information architecture, or a related field
- Background in architecture, engineering, or computer science
- Experience with Autodesk products
- Experience with global teams across multiple time zones
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top