Senior User Experience Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Ever wanted to build the tools that designers use to envision and make a better world? Come help Autodesk's Forge platform grow customer-focused as we enable developers inside and outside our company to build with and extend Autodesk's Design and Make software. Our team designs the tools and workflows that make life easier for developers who want to bring new possibilities to life based on our 3D modeling, visualization and data insight software.
You'll collaborate with other designers and teams who are passionate about bringing better experiences to the fields of architecture, construction, manufacturing and film & visual effects. Designers in this position focus on employing human-centered design methods and practice to build interfaces that speak to developers, both in code and UI. In this position you'll have the opportunity to dive into deep into our cloud data storage platform and enable new workflows for collaboration and sharing on top of the things our customers design in our tools. You'll get ahead of technological trends and build a pathway from current technology to the future.
Success in this role requires curiosity about the industries we serve, a willingness to dig deep into technology to talk to developers in their language, the ability to drive alignment with cross-functional partners/teams,actively championing enterprise vision, and a proactive desire to connect with others in collaboration. You will partner with senior members of the team to contribute to features and workflows, and start to build a comprehensive vision for the whole product and the ecosystem around it.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
To be considered please submit your resume, portfolio and password for access by our recruiting/hiring team.
- Conduct and analyze user research activities to gather requirements and derive insights for innovation - interviews, ethnographic observation, workflow analyses and contextual inquiry.
- Create empathy maps based on research.
- Collaborate with product team(s) in the production of white papers, pitch decks, demonstration examples, and other technical collateral required for product introductions and ongoing marketing.
- Transfer understanding of user needs and workflows to propose enhancements to company products.
- Design and evaluate alternative solutions to choose the best approach.
- Visualize and prototype an intended solution.
- Meet and collaborate with customers and development partners to validate conceptual designs.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate based on customer feedback.
- Assist in the coordination and facilitation of usability tests, analytics and other target user research with project partners to validate existing and future feature design (including prototype testing).
- Compose technical and highly detailed documents using text, diagrams, illustrations, and/or prototypes to support the implementation of design proposals.
- Deliver design documentation for use by a wide range of audiences including Software Development, Test Development, Technical Publications, Sales and Marketing.
- Review feature implementation, test plans and documentation to ensure accuracy of desired application results.
- Facilitate presentations and discussions with users, developers, and product marketers to drive resolution on proposed features and functionality.
- Partner with development team to drive successful implementation of the user experience design specifications.
- Train other internal company stakeholders on new workflows and functionality after appropriate scoping and development milestones are met.
- Work across the company to drive design cohesion and platform adoption.
- Show design thought leadership by regularly presenting inside and outside the organization.
- 3+ years of experience in experience design
- Demonstrated experience in research - interviews, ethnography, user testing, etc.
- Strong skills in prototyping and design software, as well as communication software such as Powerpoint.
- Skilled in human-centered design methods and practice.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in presenting design related information to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- A history of delivering products and platforms that succeed in the marketplace.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3D or CAD modeling experience.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top