Senior User Experience Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
The Senior User Experience Designer at Autodesk is an innovative futurist, an accountable product owner, a creative thinker, a supportive mentor, a self-motivated team player, and a skilled SCRUM partner all rolled into one. Our user experience designers use creative problem-solving skills to continually challenge the team to think beyond the expected, and ship high-quality experiences our customers will love. They're seasoned leaders with expertise in facilitating conversations to solve complex problems.
At Autodesk Construction Solutions, our mission is to help teams meet the world's rapidly expanding building and infrastructure needs, while making construction more predictable, safe and sustainable. Autodesk Construction Cloud is the first step in realizing this mission.
- Evaluate and identify the intersection of business needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities
- Actively design and build products by working closely with product managers, designers, and engineers
- Create compelling artifacts (wireframes, conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, prototypes, documentation, etc.) that outline present conditions and proposed solutions to gain strategic alignment and encourage innovation within and across the organization
- Meet with customers and development partners to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Participate in the continuous improvement of customer experience tools and processes, and scalable experience design standards
- Assist in customer research activities during the planning, strategy development, and early design of solutions
- Partner with development teams and business leaders to drive successful implementation of great experiences in our software and services
- Participate in design-thinking exercises to break through organizational silos and collaboratively solve complex design challenges
- Be a part of the delivery scrum for your product area
- 5-10 years of professional design experience
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions at various levels of fidelity, from high-level wireframes or mock-ups to conceptual presentations to highly technical documents and diagrams
- Ability to present designs to a wide range of audiences, including software development, quality assurance, learning content development, marketing, and sales
- Ability to work in agile and fast-moving design environment
- Up-to-date expertise in human-centered design best practices
- Familiarity with customer research methods
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Bachelor's or master's degree in interaction design, new media design, or related field
- Experience working with architecture and manufacturing products and services
- Experience with SCRUM software development process
- Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones
- Experience on large-scale enterprise solution
- Experience with Autodesk products
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations - with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top