Senior User Experience Designer
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
Job Requisition ID #
Senior User Experience Designer
Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Birmingham- United Kingdom
Job ID: 20WD40918
Autodesk is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior UX Designer within our Fusion360 Manufacture Experience Design team.
We are searching for a well-rounded experience designer with skills in software interaction design and user research as a contributor to development of software and its supporting environment and experience in the manufacturing domain. You are a relentless customer advocate, have a passion for human-centered design, and have a track record of impactful experience design solutions with cross-functional teams. You will work in lockstep with your teams to envision, validate, and ship high quality experiences our customers will love.
Reporting to the Experience Design Manager for Fusion360 manufacturing, the role requires top-notch interaction design skills, along with a strategic mindset and ability to collaborate with different design, product management and development teams working on subtractive fabrication and metrology functionality.
- Effectively communicate with customers and peers. Able to break down complex concepts into easy, understandable terms and effectively communicate appropriate to the audience
- Utilize software analytics and customer feedback to create compelling conceptual designs for user interaction
- Responsible for developing innovative product visions and workflow prototypes that meet and exceed our customer's expectations
- Work with product management, design teams and development to analyze customer requirements and propose suitable application solutions
- Internally act as a customer advocate while balancing ROI and available project resources to obtain an optimal solution
- Organize and facilitate meetings with external customers and internal stakeholders to investigate and identify customer needs, preferences and priorities
Workflow and Design
- Drive workflow, experience design, research and analytics as core components of the product development process
- Develop product vision proposals that may be used to design complete systems, environments and features
- Present design proposals to varying audiences
- Develop detailed specifications for supporting development activities
- Ensure consistency of the application workflows
- Maintain familiarity with other Autodesk products to ensure compatibility with features shared across our product family
- Maintain familiarity with competitive products
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of alternate design approaches, considering the cost of implementation and the anticipated value to customers
- BSc/BA in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Application Design or equivalent
- Solid professional experience relating to user experience design and human factors
- Excellent skills in problem definition and analysis; ability to identify and describe the right problem from a set of data of varying types
- Communication skills: Verbal and written fluency in the English language; strong verbal and visual communication skills with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from management and teammates
- Technical background and/or a demonstrable understanding of modern software development processes and concerns as they relate to design
- Previous experience designing for complex creative applications, 3D tools, animation and/or visualization tools
- Expertise with design support tools such as Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and similar
- Understanding of the Industrial Design Processes
- Understanding of Software Development Processes
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations and deliver on them in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce
- Ability to work in agile and fast-moving environment
- Highly adaptive with an ability to organize, coordinate, and execute on details
Top Signs That You're a Strong Candidate
- You're a born experience designer with rock-solid execution.
- You've got an inquisitive mind, natural empathy for users, and you love translating user requirements and business needs into simple experience design solutions.
- You're a team player.
- You're a natural collaborator and enjoy bringing your team along with you in discovery, analysis, thought process and design solution. You're an excellent communicator.
- You pride yourself on your clear verbal and written communication, and your ability to share and evangelize designs in a clear and compelling way to diverse audiences including executives. You don't fear complexity and drive for simplicity.
- You're not afraid to dive into designs on complex software with a broad user base of professional designers, engineers and manufacturers to find more effective simple, yet powerful design solutions. You have a passion for manufacturing.
- You understand the manufacturing industry and the unique challenges our customers face. And you have a passion for helping to streamline and evolve manufacturing processes to help our customers operate in new and innovative ways
The position does require some occasional travel.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top