Senior Storage and Backup Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Job Requisition ID #
Senior Storage and Backup Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
We're growing our Enterprise Cloud Compute and Storage team within Autodesk's Infrastructure-as-a-Service organization. This team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to build Storage and backup services. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking for a Sr. Storage and Backup Engineer who will have a critical role on how we design, build and deliver our world class storage and backup services.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Design storage solutions, leveraging existing infrastructure services that are always on, high performing, self-healing in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Manage multiple storage environments distributed globally including AWS based storage services
- Leveraging tools to ensure configuration state is consistent across multiple storage systems that can be tracked, changed and updated in an automated way for security and vulnerability protection.
- Troubleshooting by viewing big picture as well as dive into specific technical issues/details
- Manage storage & backup services hosted in the public cloud and on-prem
- Capacity Management - Automate monitoring and report on storage usage and trends to perform capacity plan accordingly
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency.
- Ensure data protection, integrity and lifecycle management
- Periodical auditing of storage and backups systems for the SOX/SOC program
- Monitor and tune storage infrastructure & requirements
- Engage with storage vendors, to configure and optimize storage, troubleshoot to determine root cause with future cause avoidance
- Evaluate vendor proposals for purchases of hardware, software, and technical services to assure adherence to technical specifications
- Interact with enterprise and business application engineering teams to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication.
- Provide storage documentation to include infrastructure architecture, configuration and run books
Skills & Work Traits
- Demonstrate storage knowledge and experience with NAS, SAN, and Backup/Restore
- Comfortable in AWS based storage services for hybrid solution
- Comfortable in python/shell scripting & automations through API programming
- Experience in administering Brocade SAN switches
- Familiarity with VMware and Windows operating system
- Extensive experience in Linux administration
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology requirements & solutions
- Ability to think and act with an "automation" mindset to problem solving.
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems.
- Ability to think abstractlyand guide others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 7+ years of experience in implementing and supporting enterprise level storage and backup services end to end with increasing responsibilities
- 4+ years of experience in NetApp C-Mode,
- 2+ years of experience in Pure Storage and Commvault
- 1+ year of experience in AWS services like storage gateway, S3, FsX/EFS, IAM, VPC, cloudwatch, cloudtrail, etc
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- While not required, AWS Certification is desirable.
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful.These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk.We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office.We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/Autodesk careers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top