Senior Software Engineer
- Boston, MA
Job Requisition ID #
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Boston, MA- United States
Job ID: 20WD38701
Help Autodesk users imagine, design and make a better world by contributing to development of Autodesk Revit, the leading building information modeling software. Our software is used by hundreds of thousands architects, engineers, and other building industry professionals to design everything from the world's tallest skyscrapers, largest airports, and new landmarks to homes and businesses that you visit every day.
Revit's engineering team brings intelligence and efficiency to the building design and development process by solving hard software problems. As a software engineer, you will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery of working software. Autodesk Revit is a complex product and we are looking for a candidate who is as enthusiastic about re-factoring, optimizing, and enhancing existing code and algorithms as they are about designing and developing new code and services.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional agile team that is responsible for the entire software development process from analyzing market needs through the delivery and monitoring of software and services
- Develop new state of the art functionality and services that push the envelope for Building Information Modeling (BIM) around the world
- Re-factor, optimize, and enhance existing code, algorithms, and services
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Applied Math or a related field
- C++ experience, including good memory management practices
- Strong knowledge of good software architecture practices including design patterns, object-oriented programming practices, and service architecture patterns
- Strong understanding of algorithmic complexity and how it impacts system performance - experience using performance analysis tools is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and creatively evaluate and address issues related to systems stability, scalability, and extensibility
- Great communication skills that enable effective communication with both technical and domain experts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team - experience with agile processes is a plus
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience working in a very large code base, including enhancing and resolving issues in pre-existing code
- Experience with BIM, CAD, or modeling software and / or working with the APIs for such products
- Experience with building-related industries such as architecture or structural engineering
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top