Senior Software Architect, Director Level
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk's eCommerce and Customer Empowerment Engineering team is looking for a talented Senior Software Architect, (Director level) who is passionate about working with a team of full stack engineers responsible for building and delivering innovative solutions into our common platform. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving the technical vision, architecture and implementation of the eCommerce platform of Autodesk and influencing the development of components and services across the ECE-eCommerce Engineering organization. This is an opportunity to work on a platform that is interacts with millions of visitors worldwide. Our team faces a variety of unique and interesting challenges, from creating new tools and components, implementing critical services, creating new and engaging end-user experiences, to digging into low-level performance details and streamlining processes. You will work in a global organization and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, product management, engineering, operations, support etc. You will work with the latest technologies in a flexible environment.
- Define and drive the ECE group's work in a strategic direction from a technical perspective
- Be the visionary, providing the team with a grasp of its future capabilities and technical potential
- Evaluate the feasibility of alternative directions in future architecture/platform development through the creation of models and prototypes
- Propose the creation and development of advanced foundational architecture that will enable future global expansion of eCommerce objectives
- Champion component-based UI design system to advance consistency of user experience across various platforms
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices - Conduct effective code and architecture reviews, ensuring security, scalability and resilience, from the end system, product, service or module
- Provide strategic and tactical direction. Create technology roadmaps, making assertions about technology directions and determining their consequences for the technical strategy and hence architectural approach
- Work with tech leads to influence and communicate technical direction
- Guide teams in identifying performance issues, consulting with technology leads regarding work priorities and systems performance cost - benefit analysis
- Align the technical direction with business needs, leading the team to make the correct compromises between short-term business opportunity and long-term technical vision
- Coordinate with experience design and product management on these compromises to ensure successful execution to achieve long term business and technology goals
- Provide technical leadership for the group, Autodesk and within the Industry
- Collaborate with various engineering teams in reviewing major project technical designs and code implementations. Build consensus for cross-organizational architectural decisions
- Prepare and present to Autodesk management and at conferences, both internal and external
- Articulate complex technical concepts in ways that audiences from diverse disciplines are able to understand
- Provide training to internal and external audiences
- Write and review white papers on technical aspects, future and/or architecture of products
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science Engineering or related technical fields
- 12+ years of software design, development, and consulting experience in cloud systems or web services
- 5+ years of experience as a Software/Cloud Architect
- Extensive experience in building highly scalable systems, microservices, loosely coupled and event driven architectures in cloud
- Extensive experience with Databases and database design principles at cloud scale
- Experience with Domain Modeling, Data Modeling, and API Design (Rest, GraphQL etc.)
- Strong programming skills, in one or more of Java, NodeJS, ReactJS
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular etc.
- Experience with building infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation etc.
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora, SQS, Kinesis, Amazon ECS/EKS
- Experience in global eCommerce domain - payment processing, order capture
- Experience with Web Content Management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with building UI design systems
- Monitoring solutions (e.g.: DataDog, New Relic, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Logs aggregation: Splunk, ELK
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top