Senior Product Manager, Maya
- Toronto, Canada
Job Requisition ID #
Are you ready to join one of the biggest content creation software production teams in the world? Autodesk is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us focusing on Maya and the media & entertainment collection. You will be an individual that can bridge the customer needs and engineering requirements of the biggest film & game studios in the business. You will be driven for excellence and pushing the design of industry leading software packages that consistently are used in the biggest and best video games, feature films and animation productions around the globe.
Are you an individual that knows the difference between a pipeline and runtime, what are the nuances between VFX & feature animation and why they matter? Do you know how to listen to customers and clearly describe their needs in easily understood workflows? Do you have a deep understanding of modeling, animation and more? Have you helped ship multiple AAA titles and/or feature films and can speak for the industry? We are looking for you to help guide these pursuits in a cutting edge environment.
Candidates for the Maya Senior Product Manager role must demonstrate a deep understanding of technology in the context of digital content creation. Significant game development and feature film experience is essential, and working well with various clients simultaneous is expected.
- Define and contribute to the roadmap for the future technical areas in Maya and other DCC's
- Collaborate with Maya, 3ds Max, and other product managers to develop an overall developer community strategy
- Gather and analyze product requirements from inputs such as 3rd party users, customer advisory boards, product forums
- Translate requirements from multiple sources into one coherent prioritized list
- Work with engineering team to create and prioritize agile backlog
- Define technological workflows and contribute to the roadmap for major content creation tools and pipelines-in collaboration with the development team and central partners
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of designers and product managers
- Participate in team strategic and operational planning
- Keep aware of global industry trends in content production and technology for major entertainment forms (e.g., video games, film, animation, etc.) and present to appropriate stakeholders on a regular, recurring basis
- Maintain close relationships with production artists and engineers, to understand their needs, challenges and frustration to help drive optimal acceptance of designs
- Accountable for driving continuous DCC improvements and workflows
- Accountable for contributing to and guiding the development team in understanding customer needs
- Identify and prioritize development needs, both internal to Media & Entertainment groups as well as partner groups
- Evaluate technology delivered by Development for technical completion, performance, quality and compliance
- Understand technical problems and drive design projects from concept through to development implementation
- Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- 10-15 years of experience with at least 2 years as a Product Manager.
- Understanding of development of applications in C++, C#, Python
- Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical skills using Excel, databases, BI tools
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate a large organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies
- Strong understanding of feature film development and pipelines
- Experience working on a team of 10-20 artists, engineers, and/or technical artists
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM development environment
- Experience with web development on an industry scale cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Able to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery
- Able to adapt to changing pace and strategic decisions
- General interest in cloud computing, operating systems and everything under the hood
- A strong background using Maya and tools in production
- A strong grasp of competitor's products, their strengths, weaknesses and target markets
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top