Senior Product Manager, Management Reporting Platform
- San Rafael, CA
Job Requisition ID #
The Digital Business Platform team is seeking a Senior Product Manager with a background in finance , business intelligence , financial reporting, and data integration, to define and drive a management reporting platform and toolset management th at Autodesk use s to operate our business, make business decisions, and monitor progress.
This is an individual-contributor role with a high level of influence and responsibility who will participate in a large, international systems transformation as well as facilitating the prioritization of operational engineering requests.
Envision, guide, and build the foundation which scales with and enables the growth of Autodesk's $2.5B to $5B and beyond. Your job is to deliver capabilities that support our evolving subscription business models, working with the finance community and engineering teams to lead the company into the future.
The Digital Business Platform team is responsible for a wide portfolio of software and applications supporting Autodesk's business activities. Autodesk has transformed from selling perpetual software licenses to cloud-based subscription services and in support of this we are making large investments in cloud-based finance toolsets, big data and enterprise data management.
The ideal candidate will have extensive business intelligence tools and data warehousing expertise within the finance domain. Also important is a n understanding of industry best practices for managing and integrating enterprise data.
Strategy and Vision
- In the focus areas guided by our business strategy, identify and understand stakeholder needs as they pertain to product definition and delivery
- Synthesize these needs into a strategic capability roadmap and drive decision-making that aligns to the vision
- Articulate feedback and priorities to engineering teams based on collaboration with solution architects, development teams, business owners and business architects
- Deeply understand how enterprises use technology in support of management reporting and conceive a strategic vision that leadership can use to guide tradeoffs and investments in this area
- Distill strategic intent into structured product release roadmaps that are compelling and achievable
- Provide ongoing guidance to Product Owners in the development of agile team backlogs by balancing customer requirements and engineering capacity
- Work with agile development teams to help set investment priorities
- Communicate the vision of how Management Reporting evolve within the Enterprise ecosystem
- Promote our teams and services to the rest of the company
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and customers
- Inform key product stakeholders, including company leadership, of current and emerging market trends and representative customer feedback
- Identify, create, maintain, and leverage key organizational relationships to enhance product awareness and adoption
- Connect with key industry thought leaders, including industry specialists, research analysts, and other influential parties
- 4+ years of experience in product management. Overall 10 + years of experience in software industry or an adjacent role (for example: UX, project management, QA, or product development)
- Prior hands-on experience with some of the following (or similar) : Power BI, Tableau , Excel (in a reporting /analysis context), SAP BI
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences - internal, external, business and technical
- Background in enterprise software implementations, preferably Finance applications
- Excellent presentation skills and ease in speaking in front of large groups
- Highly motivated, disciplined and self-directed with a commitment to excellence
- Exceptional planning, facilitation, dependency management, risk analysis & management skills
- Ability to execute and manage expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile/ Lean Startup methodologies. Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science, IT, Business Management or equivalent
- Technical fluency; understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- SAP Financial applications experience
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams and remote employees
The Ideal Candidate
- You understand complex concepts and explain them clearly & simply
- You take vague requirements, clarify and drive them to execution
- You thrive working cross-organizationally and geographically
- You enjoy a challenging, energetic environment in which all ideas are possibilities
- You take risks and can make quick decisions
- You have a passion for continuous integration and continuous delivery
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top