Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
Location: San Francisco, CA,United States
Job ID: 19WD36096
Autodesk is seeking a passionate and experienced product leader to join our Data & Analytics group. The Data & Analytics group is dedicated to building a world-class secure data platform that is used daily by thousands of people across Autodesk to make data-driven decisions about product design, power machine learning efforts, advance experimentation, deliver delightful customer experiences and more.
As Senior Product Manager of the Data Platform you will set the vision and strategy for our analytics data platform and own a platform roadmap that captures and balances the needs of a broad set of technical and non-technical users including designers, engineers, product managers, analysts, data scientists, and executives.
You'll work closely with colleagues in Engineering,Tools & Services,and Data Science, as well as stakeholders in various functions and organizations across the company to understand requirements, drive execution and ensure adoption of the platform. You'll also play a key role ensuring that we maintain privacy and security standards respecting and safeguarding our customers dataapart from setting standards forreliabilityand scalability of Autodesk Data Platform.
You'll work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative environment alongside forward-thinking colleagues who are equally excited and passionate about the value that a modern data and analytics platform can bring to the business and to our customers.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap of our data platform aligned to user needs and overall business priorities and objectives
- Understand the personas for Data Platform and work on the use cases to achievereliabilityand scalability
- Work with users and stakeholders across the company to deeply understand their problems and needs from the data platform
- Partner with platform architects and engineering teams to deliver compelling solutions that meet the demands of users
- Work with Security and data compliance teams to maintain and secureAutodesk'sdata
- Work with Tools & Services team, Dev Ops teams in Engineering to prioritize and operationalize platform initiatives
- Work with the enablement team to roll-out new services and features to the user community and drive their adoption
- Define platform performance, adoption and operational metrics and SLAs and track progress
- Facilitate communication with users and stakeholders ensuring they are informed about roadmap progress and what they can expect from the data platform
- Bachelorsdegree in a technical field or equivalent and demonstrated practical experience
- 5+ years of product management experience, Prior Engineering experience is preferred
- Experience defining product vision and strategy, identifying user personas and use cases, and documenting requirements and specifications
- Experience in one or more areas: cloud infrastructure, big data, distributed computing, BI and visualization tools, machine learning tools and frameworks
- Experience with open source technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive or similar
- Able to communicate and work effectively with engineering teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-functional environment
- Able to influence decision-making at all levels
- Good communicator and storyteller, able to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience
- BachelorsDegree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience with AWS technologies
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top