Senior Instructional Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Marketing Operations and Technology @ Autodesk
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our new, fast-growing Marketing Operations and Technology (MOT) organization, and contribute to establishing a world-class marketing environment to better serve our customers. The role sits within Marketing Enablement & Training team which is responsible for effectively rolling out new technologies and processes to the marketing organization via training, communications and more.
Our work environment is fast-paced and always evolving. We value professional development, strategic thinking and innovation. We are fearless in taking on new challenges that will deliver awesome results. We work hard, but also understand the importance of work/life balance.
This position is perfect for a person that has a passion for creating training materials that engage, excite, and motivate the audience! You are skilled at incorporating instructional design and development expertise using innovative technology to produce leading learning experiences. You have a keen eye for converting learning objectives into simulations, online courses, webinars, exams, assessments, and virtual and live classes to meet program objectives. You are comfortable managing multiple, fast-paced projects in a collaborative, dynamic environment with a passionate extended team.
- Design, create, and publish training content and courses
- Discuss goals and outcomes and convert complex ideas or large volumes of information into simple language that others can relate to and understand
- Seek to understand the motivations, expectations, and mindsets of the learner
- Experience delivering training in a classroom or virtual environment
- Establish strong working relationships and facilitate conversations with key internal and external business partners
- Understand current learning needs and gaps to research, recommend, design and implement training and development initiatives
- Apply instructional design expertise while adhering to a consistent learning content strategy
- Write learning objectives and modules of content that ensure mastery of learning objectives, including but not limited to knowledge checks, exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games
- Design blended learning solutions that maximize learning efficiency
- Apply adult learning principles to engage participants
- Design quizzes and meaningful course interactions to increase learning and retention
- Ensure that content and learning experiences meet quality standards
- Drive, track, and manage learning content development projects within required timeline
- Knowledge in designing communication and change management strategies to support new learning program launch
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to learn and solve complex problems in the pursuit of creating new and innovative learning solutions
- Experience in developing learning programs and solutions for a Global Company (e.g., creating learning experiences that support and resonate with an international audience)
- Proficient in Office Applications (e.g. Microsoft Teams/Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Learning Authoring Software (e.g. Camtasia, Articulate, Storyline, Captivate) and Creative Publishing Software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite/Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience working with LMS system(s)
- Experience conducting training sessions
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in Instructional Design & Technology and/or related fields
- Skilled in instructional design methodologies such as ADDIE
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer
- Minimum7+ years of experience with designing training programs and workshops at a global enterprise level
- Minimum 5+ years of experience creating complex software training
- Graphic design experience and skills
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top