Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk hiring in Toronto! We're seeking engaged and dynamic engineers to join a new team within Data Platform & Insights (DPI). You will be working on Advanced Compliance Products (ACP), a collection of systems and teams focused on detecting and exposing piracy of Autodesk software. This is a key strategic initiative for the company!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for developing best practices and making architectural decisions to rapidly improve critical data processing & analytics pipelines. You will tackle hard problems to improve the platform's reliability, resiliency, and scalability.
We are looking for someone who thrives on autonomy and has experience driving long-term projects to completion. You are detail and quality oriented, and excited about the prospects of having a big impact with data at Autodesk. Our tech stack includes Hive, Spark, Presto, Jenkins, Snowflake, Datadog and various AWS services.
- You will be a founding member of a new team, tasked with modernizing and expanding a critical set of existing systems
- You will need a product-focused mindset. It is essential for you to understand business requirements and architect systems that will scale and extend to accommodate those needs
- Break down complex problems, document technical solutions and sequence work to make fast, iterative improvements
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of billions of records
- Automate cloud infrastructure, services, and observability
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and testing automation
- Interface with data engineers, data scientists, product managers and all data stakeholders to understand their needs and promote best practices
- 3-5+ years of relevant industry experience in large back-end systems, data processing and SQL databases
- Strong overall programming skills, able to write modular, maintainable code, preferably Python & SQL
- Experience building code-driven infrastructure on public cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Understanding of SQL, dimensional modeling, and analytical data warehouses, like Snowflake
- Familiar with workflow management tools, like Airflow and Oozie
- Experience with automation frameworks/tools like Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Terraform
- Familiarity with containers and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Problem solver with excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to make sound, complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship or work experience
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.