Senior Cloud Application Administrator
- Bengaluru, India
Job Requisition ID #
Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on engaging and challenging projects? Every year Autodesk hires talented engineers to join our global teams and benefit from unlimited access to our technology and industry mentors. If this sounds like you... let's talk.
We arematuring our operations and engineering capabilities within the Platform as a Service organization, part of Autodesk's IT, to enhance the company's IT systems, applications, and processes.Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company.
The team is seeking an experiencedSenior Cloud Application Administrator to help guidethisteam in their journey towards becoming a world-class engineering team.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work on issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp Vault customers and the broader community.
- Interact and support customer's ad-hoc questions through Slack and other service delivery and operations platforms.
- Ensure the reliability and security of the Vault and other applications and infrastructure.
- Collaborate on development and platform administration efforts that are aligned with strategic goals using the Agile practices.
- Install, test and implement new versions of Vault as well as other applications and platforms.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot commercial off the shelf enterprise applications such as Vault, Jira, Confluence, and other internally developed custom applications.
- Support, maintain, and enhance AWS based application infrastructure for Vault and other enterprise applications.
- Monitoring of application and infrastructure health through Splunk and other AWS based tools.
- Take corrective action to avert system degradations or possible outages from OS and application layer.
- Assist and mentor L1/L2 services teams to deliver high caliber, zero-touch and automated support.
- Definition and documentation of best practices, policies and standards that ensure a resilient highly available service stack that delights internal customers.
- Troubleshoot integrations to and from numerous external systems.
- Development of new automation and support of existing scripts, using shell/bash or python.
- Deep understanding of HashiCorp Vault and ability to support the application during failure situations.
- Skilled at using Terraform to maintain AWS based infrastructure.
- Demonstrable IT knowledge commensurate with DevOps in an Enterprise in the public cloud (AWS)infrastructure.
- Comfortable with Linux and Bash on the Unix command line.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and ability to work in a scrum team.
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractlyand guide others.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-team/Geo model to ensure successful management of operational tasks (setting resolution expectations, ensuring proper escalation and/or hand-offs as needed, etc.).
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skillsin written and verbal format.
- Can articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, and in diagrams and person.
- Effectively work as a member of a highly adaptable, multi-discipline team.
- Willing to flex your behavioral style to meet the needs of the team or work at hand.
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Support for an enterprise application
- 3+ years of experience in Technical Support for Vault
- Working knowledge of the following Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, Lambda, Auto-Scaling, DynamoDB/Aurora, CloudWatch/Trail, and CloudFormation
- Working knowledge of HashiCorp Terraform
- Proficiency with programming languages and technologies (Python, Bash, Git, Postman/REST APIs)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience/certifications
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top