Principal User Experience Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk Construction Solutions, our mission is to help teams meet the world's rapidly expanding building and infrastructure needs, while making construction more predictable, safe and sustainable.
As a Principal UX Designer / Group Experience Design Lead at Autodesk you will collaborate with your Product Management and Engineering partners to shape the strategic direction of the Work Planning and Model Conditioning tools in the Autodesk Construction Cloud ecosystem. You will apply your design and research skills to craft compelling experiences and shape the tools that enable our customers to efficiently and safely build the world around us.
We're looking for someone who is excited to experience our customers' world and to build strong empathy for the work they do. Your role will be about synthesizing your learnings and creating solutions that both solves customer pain points and meets business objectives. You will actively champion human centered design and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Prefer candidates in San Francisco, CA or West Coast remote. Please include resume, portfolio and password when applying.
- Compare, contrast, and prioritize among alternative approaches to meet design objectives, using judgment to suggest optimal solutions to design problems that balance customer learning needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and other designers to define great experiences from initial concept through successful implementation
- Lead and facilitate critique and other design practice meetings
- Advocate and contribute to the maturing of experience design discipline at the team and company levels
- Create compelling artifacts (wireframes, conceptual diagrams, task flows, storyboards, prototypes, documentation, etc.) that outline present conditions and proposed solutions to gain strategic alignment and encourage innovation within and across the organization
- Assist in customer research activities during the planning, strategy development, and early design of solutions
- Meet with customers and development partners to validate designs and make iterative improvements
- Partner with development team to drive successful implementation of the user experience design specifications
- 8 + years of professional design experience
- Quality portfolio of recent professional XD project work
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders, can adjust to changing priorities
- Skilled in human-centered design methods and practice
- Demonstrated experience in research - interviews, ethnography, user testing, etc.
- Ability to work on a of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation and drive them from concept to conclusion
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience, Master's preferred.
- Experience designing for cloud-based solutions
- Experience designing for mobile
- Experience with global teams across multiple time zones
- Experience establishing/maintaining design patterns
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations - with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected , PlanGrid and Pype . General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top