Principal Software Engineer, Data Analytics
- Toronto, Canada
Job Requisition ID #
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk enables better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
The XA Product Analytics Team is a centralized Analytics team working closely with product line development teams across the company to define, implement and evolve Autodesk's Product Analytics best practices. We help those teams with all their internal and customer facing Analytics needs by way of instrumentation, experimentation, reporting, analysis, in-product analytics and machine learning. We are looking for technically savvy data engineers and analysts with a passion for data analysis and who are eager to help us bring data driven thinking in day to day product engineering practices. We are seeking individuals who are attracted by complicated problems, who can think creatively and work hard to help us solve them.
Our team is part of a larger Experience Design and Analytics (XA) team that provides design leadership and excellence across all product lines at Autodesk. Key disciplines include experience design, visual design, research, content strategy, and program management. Together, we support Autodesk's growing design community, and share a common goal of being customer-centric, with connected experiences across our products.
- Contribute to data platform architecture and represent our team in various cross - team technical initiative
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) to drive Autodesk business growth and improve the product experience.
- Translating business requirements into suitable data schemas and managing meta data for data models.
- Collaborate and work with stakeholders; to address data related problems in regard to systems integration and compatibility.
- Determine best patterns to store and access data in line with usage of the system and transactional needs
- Create and optimize our data pipeline architecture
- Build data access platforms for data scientist and analysts
- Implement ETL processes through cloud-based solutions (S3, Redshift, ECS, EMR, Lambda)
- Develop large-scale data structures for business intelligence analytics by using data mining tools
- Write processes to ingest, transform and distribute data into our internal applications
- Improve product instrumentation to ensure analysis objectives can be accomplished
- Provide ad hoc queries and analysis as needed
- 6+ years professional experience
- BS or MS in CS or similar
- Strong experience with databases and writing and debugging SQL
- Experience working with big data environments such as Athena, BigQuery, Snowflake, Hadoop (Hive, Spark)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Oozie, AWS Glue, Airflow, Azkaban, Airflow, etc.
- Experience working with BI tools such as QlikView, Tableau, and Looker
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions (AWS preferred)
- Experience with automation/configuration management/enterprise schedulers
- Exceptional track record in delivering production grade data engineering solutions at all levels of the stack.
- System monitoring and alerting, dashboarding experience
- Production-level coding experience
- Prefer experience with graph databases
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top