Principal Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
Principal Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Do you want to create engaging, helpful, and attractive websites that are frequented by millions of visitors worldwide? Autodesk's Web Platform Engineering team is looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about technology to join our globally distributed team and help us develop beautiful, personalized website experiences.
Our team faces a variety of unique and interesting challenges, from creating new tools and components, implementing critical web services, to digging into low-level performance details and streamlining processes. To be successful in this role, you'll need a solid foundation in a full range of web technologies from server to client, experience designing and describing complex software systems, and a drive to tackle new challenges head-on. This is your chance to work with a team of experienced and talented individuals, participate in a fun and engaging workplace culture, and have your work used by millions.
- Design, code, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices
- Collaborate with peer organizations, dev ops, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
- Focus on scalability, security and availability of all applications and processes
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable and maintainable software
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Ensure architectural consistency across multiple implementations
- Align with teams across functions to achieve successful technical design and implementation
- Continue to research and adopt new technologies to evolve our products
- Use and advance our agile practices
- Lead development and adoption of automated test suites
- Strong knowledge and experience with web technology stacks
- Understanding of server-side web development using Java
- Full understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming paradigms, software architecture principles, and at least one modern backend framework.
- Working understanding of latest web APIs and standards, current trends in web and mobile development.
- Practical experience building RESTful web services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (i.e. EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Lambda, CloudFormation), or developing in other public Clouds.
- Experience developing and deploying code across distributed clusters, using Kubernetes, Docker, ECS Fargate
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- 8 years or more of relevant work experience
- 3+ yearsof experience working in a modern web application stack
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to lead cross-team projects independently.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field, Masters degree preferred
- eCommerce experience
- Understanding of PCI compliance and security best practices
- Familiarity and experience with Adobe AEM (CQ) and related technologies
- Experience with Node.js, npm
- Experience building scalable microservices
- Familiarity with responsive web design
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top