Principal Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
At Autodesk, we are reinventing how everything you see or touch is imagined, designed and created. In Autodesk Construction Cloud, we are reinventing how every building, bridge, hospital, campus and stadium is built. Our platform allows customers to effectively and easily manage the complex collaboration necessary to see their projects through all phases of construction. We do this by building best-in-class enterprise administration services with the flexibility and scalability required to support the ecosystem's broad set of features and high volume of traffic. Not only do we help push the boundaries of technology at Autodesk, we do it in style and fun. Intrigued? Come join us and push code to customers on your first day.
- Build new features, with unit tests, that can support our growing user base
- Build scalable and complex web applications that balance high configurability with great user experience
- Build robust and performant APIs that support the entire ACC ecosystem as well as customer integrations and bespoke workflows
- Evaluate current software architecture and implement enhancements as required
- Help develop and maintain high quality code by pairing in a TDD process with senior tech leads
- Build and scale automated testing infrastructure to support rapid hands-off QA
- Cross-team collaboration and coordination to ensure reliable, secure, available and scalable releases
- Mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Curiosity about how things work
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Ability to jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better
- Ability and desire to jump in and fix things when they break
- Extended experience with Node.js, React, Redux
- Extended experience with building APIs (RESTful)
- Extended experience writing SQL and using ORMs
- Extended experience with Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Sauce Labs, Screener
- Experience with AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience with AWS, Jenkins and CI/CD practices
- 10 + years relevant experience
- Self-motivated, autonomous, empathetic and great communication skills.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Rspec
- Experience with Knex, Objection ORM
- Deep knowledge of browser developer tools for diagnostics and performance profiling
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle-from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations-with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, Building Connected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top