Principal Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
- Novi, MI
Job Requisition ID #
We're growing our Infrastructure Automation team within Autodesk's Digital Enterprise Services IT organization. This team applies software development practices to build, deploy, configure, and manage infrastructure components as consistent and codified stacks through infrastructure-as-code and automation.
Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
- Design and implement re-usable managed cloud stacks in AWS for use by the enterprise and business applications
- Build and extend automations for enterprise and business application infrastructure on-premises and in the public cloud (AWS)
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency
- Partner with your software development peers to provide a unified culture of engineering pride and excellence
- Interact with enterprise and business application engineering teams to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication
- 5+ years of professional software development
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Azure, AWS or equivalent (e.g. CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and IAM)
- 1+ years of development/automation experience (with technologies such as Node.js, Python, Go, Rest APIs, etc.)
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.)
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Experience in Node.js or Java and related frameworks
- Experience with building Restful APIs
- Experience deciding when to use common software design patterns, including server-less design within public cloud (AWS)
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams, and in person
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- AWS certification is desirable while not required
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top