Marketing Director, Building Business Line
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk is looking for a Director of Marketing to lead our strategic marketing efforts for one of Autodesk's largest and fastest growing business lines. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Building Strategy & Marketing, you will be responsible for the global marketing plan for building design segments, crafting a vision for expanding Autodesk's leadership and developing plans that excite, engage, and build loyalty among our customers. You will inspire and lead a team of high performing industry, product, digital, and technical marketers in pursuit of our marketing goals.
You will develop comprehensive plans to drive customer awareness, preference, and adoption of our product offerings globally. You will use your marketing expertise to create compelling industry and product messaging and positioning, build engaging content for customers and prospects, and support sales success through sales tools and training. Your digital marketing skill set will be critical in planning cross channel activities to promote thought leadership and drive awareness of our product offerings.
You will demonstrate success by setting and reporting marketing metrics to business line leadership and extended team. The successful candidate has demonstrated a strong ability to develop and manage a team and influence stakeholders across the Autodesk organization to gain support for marketing programs. Your experience, customer understanding and focus, strong analysis and marketing skills, creativity, attention to detail, and relentless drive for results will be critical to your success in this role.
- Lead a team of marketing managers to execute on the vision and strategy for the Building business line
- Define industry marketing goals and objectives for the Building industry segment focused on architecture, MEP and structural engineering, and preconstruction
- Manage the execution of complex, integrated marketing programs that support the full customer buying journey
- Manage and allocates budgets for marketing initiatives. Tracks ROI for marketing spend
- Oversee the creation of messaging and content for use in vertical industry marketing campaigns
- Conduct marketing research and studies on return on investment, business value propositions, customer success case studies and other benefits of the Autodesk portfolio for building disciplines
- Collaborate with other product and industry marketing teams on joint marketing initiatives
- Guide the team in adopting modern inbound marketing methods and platforms such as social media, community groups, marketing automation tools to drive and optimize prospect/customer engagement
- Provides vision, guidance, and relationship building with public relations, demand gen marketing and corporate marketing to assure initiation and successful execution of awareness and preference generating activities
- You have experience managing and up-skilling a diverse, geographically distributed marketing team
- You have a wealth of understanding for all aspects of marketing, from strategy through execution to create a robust customer experience
- You are a good storyteller who translates feature speak into customer benefits that resonate with employees, customers, partners, and the press
- You have influenced, unified and secured support from senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders in a large, matrixed organization
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects
- You are data driven marketer who uses market intelligence and analytics to measure and optimize marketing efforts and programs
- You are willing and able to travel 25%, including internationally
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing role, with management experience required
- Familiarity working with Architecture, Engineering or Construction service provider firms or B2B software or SaaS based businesses required.
- MBA degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Business Administration or a relevant Marketing field
The Ideal Candidate
- You're a marketing innovator. You understand modern marketing methods and use of analytics and automation to target prospect, and have the innate ability to nurture your prospects through the buyers' journey
- You're both strategic and tactical. You provide input to the industry GTM strategy to ensure marketing is relevant and leveraged. You strategically add value to the marketing and sales process, as well as roll up your sleeves to execute on tactical programs and plans to get things done
- You have a reputation for execution and results. Not only can you create, propose and sell your program ideas, you are known for driving alignment with strategy, marketing operations and sales and executing upon programs, assets and agreed deliverables
- You're highly collaborative. You know how to build relationships, address conflict maturely, and gain agreement with your creative problem-solving and influencing skills
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top