Localization Software Engineer
Job Requisition ID #
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for managing all localization and globalization engineering aspects of assigned Autodesk products, web/mobile applications and cloud services. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with a large variety of product development teams and to influence and contribute on best globalization practices.
This position also entails an ownership of best-in-class processes and tools, and the continuous research for new ways of delivering localized products in the most cost-effective way with the shortest turnaround time possible, thus ensuring a positive international user experience.
This role requires an individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can foster a high performance, agile and collaborative culture and work closely with the localization counterparts and product development teams to make things happen. The successful candidate needs to be well versed in web and mobile development, process and test automation technology and can provide hands-on internationalization expertise and supporting product software development teams.
- Enable Autodesk's product success in the international market by: Analyzing product's internationalization readiness and providing globalization recommendations on areas to be addressed
- Evangelize internationalization good practices, advise and influence development teams on how to increase the level of the Autodesk products - globalization targeting an exceptional international user experience as well as stability and cost effectiveness of the localization process
- Drive design, development and deployment of new and alternative ways to deliver translated products to the international customers
- Create and maintain tools, automated processes and documentation needed for effective, scalable software internationalization, localization and testing Keep current with latest trends and technologies to anticipate future development needs and requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience preferably in localization engineering
- Excellent knowledge of localization engineering Knowledge of CAT-tools, TMS, and QA tools used in localization process
- Skilled in using content management systems, web technologies
- Aware of globalization/internationalization procedures and practices and experienced with internationalization of web and mobile applications
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- Strong experience with Software QA practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Familiar with Agile development practices Advanced technical solution and problem-solving skills Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility under changing conditions and ability to multi-task between projects
- Experience collaborating in a multicultural diverse team to deliver and lead projects and initiatives
- Experience in AI or ML is a plus
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top