Lead Application Security Architect
- Boston, MA
Job Requisition ID #
Security @ Autodesk
Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of how we build our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud as well as how we are responding to any existing or emerging threats to our products or the building blocks of our products and services. Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment in which they operate. Our team keeps a single-minded focus on protecting our customer's data and their investment in our products by strengthening our applications, underlying services and network.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to serve as Application Security Architect. The ideal candidate will drive the secure development strategy and roadmap as part of our Security Architecture team. In an organization with a diverse range of products, services, and capabilities, we are accelerating innovation in security to make it simpler and more seamless to the thousands of engineers across Autodesk.
As an Application Security Architect, you will collaborate with architects throughout the organization to understand and identify prevailing trends as how best to secure them. This role has a strong emphasis on strategy and foresight to define scalable application security practices including secure design (e.g. threat modeling), secure coding (e.g. security frameworks and static analysis), security testing (e.g. fuzzing and dynamic analysis), and software composition analysis (SCA). You will work closely with security engineers within the team to drive the implementation of these practices across a diverse technology landscape for cloud, desktop and mobile services. You will also engage with senior management on a routine basis to report on trends and action plans.
This position can be based out of our offices in San Francisco (Preferred), Boston or Portland.
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout Autodesk, including engineers, senior management, product management, and program management
- Ensure that Autodesk's security strategy is aligned with the objectives of our products and services
- Serve as a technical authority for development teams as it relates to security and privacy
- Work with cloud and other product architects on new projects and mitigation of risks in existing projects
- Leading cross-functional projects and teams in establishing secure software development lifecycle practices within applications
- Consulting on security architectures related to a mixture of desktop, web, and mobile apps, which all leverage cloud services
- Drive and influence software security across the organization
- Working with other security architects to ensure high quality standards for security
- Helping guide security requirements and objectives for product features
- Think ahead and catch problems before they arise
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a closely-related degree (MS is a plus)
- 15+ years of experience in a software security domain
- Strong security background, especially in the field of application security/software security/secure development lifecycle
- Experience scaling application security practices for modern Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technologies
- Experience securing micro-service (e.g. Docker) and cloud (e.g. AWS) architectures.
- Experience in various aspects of application security, such as threat modeling, security testing, and/or security controls
- Highly technical with both tactical and strategic capabilities
- Decision maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Emphasis on a data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly collaborative in a fast-paced team environment
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top