IT Infrastructure Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Job Requisition ID #
We're growing our managed cloud team within Autodesk's Infrastructure-as-a-Service organization. This team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to build infrastructure. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer who will have a critical role on how we design, build and deliver reusable managed cloud stacks.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Build and extend infrastructure automations for enterprise and business applications in the private/public cloud environment.
- Leveraging tools to ensure configuration state is consistent across multiple systems that can be tracked, changed and updated in an automated way for security and vulnerability protection through tools like Chef/Puppet
- Interact with enterprise and business application engineering teams to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication.
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency
- Design and maintain the VMware virtualization environment and perform capacity analysis for the same.
- Maintain group polices for Windows environment
- Plan, build and run services in global team setup, comprised of employees and consultants who provides administration, advanced support and operational management of Unix/Linux systems across internal private and AWS platforms
- Involve in designing solutions for UNIX/Windows based applications
- Help in identifying, troubleshooting and resolve technical issues related to the Virtualization/Unix/Windows systems
- Ensure system availability and performance by proactively monitoring the usage and enabling effective alerts/probes
- Ensure change management processes, incident and problem management processes are followed
- Implement effective problem management processes to identify and proactively remediate incident trends
- Participate in the internal operational projects in migrating systems from physical data center to punlic cloud
- Provide senior level technical support for VMware/CloudStack/Windows/Linux system activities
Skills & Work Traits
- Demonstrable knowledge of Infrastructure components like VMware, Linux and Windows operating systems, AWS IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code) and DevOps expertise.
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions.
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person.
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development.
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others.
- Ability to think and act with an "automation" mindset to problem solving.
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems.
- Ability to think abstractlyand guide others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 7+ years of design and administration of VMWARE/windows
- 2+ years of Linux server administration is preferable
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with CloudStack/OpenStack, Azure, AWS or equivalent
- 1+ years of working knowledge of Windows group policies, Active Directory
- 1+ years of development/automation experience (with tools such as PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience in designingAWScloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service is preferable
- Strong knowledge on SAN/NAS storage and networking concepts
- Automation experience using Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Systems Monitoring (LogicMonitor)
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- While not required, AWS Certification is desirable.
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful.These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk.We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office.We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/autodeskcareers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top