Job Requisition ID #
Do you love sitting at the intersection of data, technology, and people? Are you a big data specialist and have experience building petabyte scale data lakes and data warehouses? Do you enjoy working within the AWS ecosystem and other cutting-edge technologies? Most importantly, do you challenge yourself to make it dead simple for people to derive insights from data, no matter the scale? Autodesk is seeking a Sr. Architect to lead our big data efforts, design our next generation data lake, and help our employees easily leverage data analytics and machine learning to create better outcomes for our customers.
This is a senior role within the Data Platforms & Insights team and provides a unique opportunity to drive innovation and transformational change with our employees and how they create value from data. A successful candidate will not only have the technical expertise to craft a compelling big data strategy, but will also possess the business acumen and gravitas to inspire people to bring that strategy to life.
- Understand both internal and external customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high-performance
- Work with a global team of engineers to build data ingestion, data management, and data insight frameworks utilizing AWS and other best of breed data offerings
- Engage with the rest of the Autodesk technical community to evangelize how to best produce and consume big data as it aligns to the company's continuing digital transformation
- Highly technical systems thinker with 7+ years of big data experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must have, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Ability to understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Experience building and operating big data query engines (such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive), database (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Dynamo), and data warehouses (such as Snowflake, Redshift)
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of environments, from startups to large enterprises
- Deep understanding of data ingestion patterns (for both even based and structural data) and understanding of related concepts (such as data cataloging and data lineage, etc.)
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Data processing
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.