Group Product Manager, Administration
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Construction Solutions @ Autodesk
Autodesk Construction Solutions provides leading cloud and mobile solutions that are transforming how construction projects are delivered across the project lifecycle. With connected, data-driven workflows, Autodesk Construction Solutions puts the right information into the right hands, at the right time to optimize workflows, decision making, and reduce overall construction project risk.
The Autodesk Construction Solutions family of products includes BIM 360, PlanGrid, Building Connected, and Assemble Systems product lines. The Autodesk Forge platform supports a large and growing partner ecosystem in construction technology. To ensure that the growing product family and ecosystem delivers a cohesive experience based on connected data, we need a group product manager who will be responsible for the user facing enterprise and project administration console and for the API and platform services that connect critical data across the ecosystem.
As the Group Product Manager for Administration within Autodesk Site Construction, you are a seasoned product manager with leadership experience and a proven track record of hiring and developing product managers. This role requires you to develop strategic plans and a roadmap that prioritizes requirements across a complex set of stakeholders including small to large customers, internal product and business systems teams, and 3rd party developer partners.
Product Managers at Autodesk Site Construction sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
- Develop and manage goals and success metrics for your team and products
- Understand our strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Prioritize potential initiatives by demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future users
- Make tough tradeoffs to develop and maintain the roadmap for both customer facing features and our published API
- Gather and synthesize requirements and input from multiple stakeholders (customers, engineers, user experience designers, sales, business operations, industry strategy, consulting, customer engagement, customer support, etc.)
- Work directly with internal stakeholders and customers to unearth pain points and their most pressing needs
- Demonstrate the ability to separate a need from a solution and collaborate with your team to develop the optimal solution
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on business cases, product requirements, development, launch, and adoption
- Write detailed requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and Jira tickets to ensure that Software Engineers can executive effectively
- Communicate prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- Be willing and able to do hands on product management work alongside your team
- Hire and develop internal stakeholders
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2-4 years of leadership experience hiring and managing product managers
- Experience analyzing customer needs and workflows and identifying gaps and solutions
- Experience with complex system integration projects and delivering an API
- Experience at an enterprise software company delivering SaaS products
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum processes
- Experience working with data and databases
- Track record of developing solutions that require collaboration across multiple organizations
- Experience with Autodesk product and/or construction technology
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our customers as well as internal stakeholders: fellow product managers, product designers, technical writers, engineers, sales, consulting, customer success, training, and product marketing
- Passion for solving our customers problems in the construction space
- Ability to manage ambiguity and to create alignment to drive execution
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Highly collaborative team player who is motivated by working on hard problems with smart people
- You can live in ambiguity, but you also have a successful track record for execution and product delivery
10 Things That Describe You
- Problem Solver
- Embraces Change
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a buildings lifecycle from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top