Finance Reporting Analyst
- Novi, MI
Job Requisition ID #
Candidates should possess a strong background in Business Intelligence reporting software, data analysis, data security, report and query performance tuning, and data integration/ETL. Prior career experience should include a background in Financial departments and systems, especially SAP and preferably including Hana, ABAP, Fiori, and monitoring of the same. Related and commonly required support skills include: data transfer/ETL, data modeling (transactional, operational, and decision support/business intelligence systems), master data management, data distribution & replication approaches, high availability, SOA, BI/data standards, and industry best practices for these all.
- Solve complex technical problems related to reporting, business intelligence, data warehouse, data marts, operational data stores, and data integration implementations
- SAP transaction interaction and research upon frequent ticket request, and data research to explore upstream/downstream data path for full issue analysis
- Report/Query error or performance research requiring source system exploration in multiple systems. For example: Hana, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Responsible for build management and change control for enhancements that leverage our current or future Operational and Data Warehouse architectures, and reporting applications
- Works with both Business and EIS peers to formulate, evangelize, and monitor adherence to reference data architectures, data standards and data guidelines within the BI sphere of influence
- Lead discussions with DES and Business teams to reach decisions on key business intelligence and information/data issues that intersect the business and DES
- Build trust and working relationships within DES and business teams.
- Contributes to the selection of new technologies and stays current with industry trends (evaluate current and potential 3rd party solutions (software) to solve critical Autodesk business needs)
- Works in a hands-on role in specific key projects to assist with development of solution architectures that require integration of multiple applications and platforms
- Integrate with development team efforts to provide solutions and design for specific subject based data warehouses and data marts. This would include embracing Kimball, conformed dimensions, and Star/Snowflake approaches
- Minimum 5 years, preferably 5 in the Business Intelligence centered field including report design, data analysis, dashboards, transactional data systems, decision support, data warehouse/mart, data distribution/data replication, operational data, master data management, and data integration
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, or related degree
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written, appropriate for both business and technical audiences
- Engaging and inspiring to others (role model, mentor)
- Candidate must have a proven history of mentoring others on data and information related concepts and benefits
- Experience working with a service ticket queue system such as Service Now
- Experience working in an "Agile" methodology environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Be an innovator and able to work "outside of the box".
- May participate on standards committee's and/or review boards
- May require some travel depending on business needs
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience in the following technologies and/or approaches:
- Significant experience in gathering requirements, doing data analysis, and reconciling and validating these with the business
- Proven experience with SAP and supporting SAP data and services. Preference will be given to candidates with additional experience in Hana, Fiori, ABAP, and other SAP areas.
- Heavy experience with Decision Support/OLAP/Business Intelligence, Dash-boarding, Web/Data Services, Forecasting, Predictive Modeling and Optimization. For instance, experience with analytic tools and platforms such as with Business Objects (XI WebIntelligence, Information Design Tool), Power BI, QlikView, and Looker.
- Experience and data enablement within SaaS-based applications such as with SFDC, Workday, Concur, Ariba, and others.
- Experience working with and administering or supporting database systems, complex replication topologies, dimensioned or partitioned designs, and highly available and real-time data.
- Have done software/technology evaluations of enterprise level solutions in one or more business domains.
- Proficient in the use of ETL technologies (Informatica, Matillion, Mulesoft) and preferably cloud based tools. Exposure to EAI technologies such as with Tibco, and proficient in the use and deployment of other data oriented tools (hierarchy management, data cleansing/quality, data enrichment, MDM, Metadata).
- Exposure to data quality approaches including Master Data Management, Industry data models, Merge, Match, De-dupe tools and approaches and data enrichment capabilities.
- Exposure to new trends such as big data (Hadoop, others) - structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data of all kinds.
- Have contributed to data standards and data guidelines for corporate IT organizations
- Have contributed to and created data roadmaps, reference architectures and other solutioning data direction positioning artifacts.
- Significant exposure and experience to industry best practices in business intelligence and data architecture will be critical to this position
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top