Finance Business Analyst
- Portland, OR
Job Requisition ID #
We are looking for a highly motivated Business Analyst (BA) professional to join the Finance Offering and Process Management Team. Responsibilities include analyzing the current-state of mission-critical Finance and Operations capabilities from a people, process, data and technology perspective as well as performing root cause analysis to inform future-state recommendations. The BA analyzes complex business problems relating to systems and/or process, and assists in providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that meet business stakeholder requirements.
The BA must also partner with individuals in organizations outside of Finance to understand upstream and downstream process and system impacts and be able to influence and drive change in these other organizations when appropriate. This role will also act as the conduit between Business Stakeholders and IT development teams on systems projects. The Business Analyst partners with stakeholders to identify specific policy, process, data, and system changes by assessing existing systems, business processes, best practices and business objectives. Defines and documents functional and non-functional requirements. Provides ongoing support to finance stakeholders regarding application functionality, business processes and data integrity.
- Serve as the liaison between Finance stakeholders and the IT development teams.
- Works across business functions to facilitate requirements gathering process.
- Author key documents, including Requirements, Process Flows (As/Is, To/Be), Use Cases, Test Scripts, and various other documents.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Dissect high-level information into details and communicate these details in a manner understood by relevant audiences.
- Influence requirements and process to effectively utilize systems and applications that support an improved customer experience.
- Propose change to policy/process when necessary to move forward with new design including root cause analysis to identify solutions that address the true source of issues and gaps
- Bachelor's degree (finance, business, information systems)
- 3-5 Years of business analysis supporting requirements gathering, business process mapping and system implementations
- Proven track record of analyzing complex processes and driving execution of improvements
- Functional knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Previous ERP project work supporting one or more of the following: FP&A, revenue accounting, ASC606 or other Quote to Collect (A/R, Credit, Collections, project accounting, etc.) finance areas
- Must have experience and strong knowledge of ASC606
- Excellent leadership and organizational management skills
- Competent at eliciting and documenting business requirements/processes.
- Successfully frame and communicate issues to a wide audience
- Engage, communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization (from analysts to senior VPs) and across global teams using data and compelling narratives
- Break down very large, complex processes into digestible and concise pieces
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- Can work independently with limited direction and be a self-starter in learning new business processes and systems
- Must be a flexible and creative individual capable of managing multiple priorities and projects in a diverse environment
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top