Engineering Manager - Mobile Recordset
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Do you enjoy solving deep technical challenges while also helping to solve real problems for users? Are you curious to explore how advanced graphics technologies can be put to use to enable modern workflows in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industries? Are you passionate about native development and opinionated on the pros and cons of cross-platform development tooling? Come join us at Autodesk!
The Construction Records Viewing and Interaction Group is seeking a passionate and experienced Software Engineering Manager to support a team of smart and driven engineers who deliver the experiences of viewing and interacting with construction records (2D Plans, 3D Models, and other types of documents) across the iOS, Android, Windows, and web platforms. Our experiences power construction teams in the office, trailer and field, enabling them to understand and execute on Plans with a level of speed, safety and predictability which was never before possible in pure paper workflows. Our work is at the heart of the flagship products offered by Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS), including PlanGrid, BIM360, and more, and has visibility and impact across all of Autodesk as well as our customer landscape. This individual will bring significant graphics rendering and/or native development experience to a high performing team and contribute to defining and driving a set of initiatives which will push the envelope of user experience and help redefine the value of BIM data and other construction records throughout the entire construction lifecycle.
- Work closely with Product, Design and Engineering leads in a balanced team environment to define, scope and deliver functionality which enables key end-user workflows, including advanced 2D and 3D rendering and interactions.
- Guide the implementation of individual components and features with an emphasis on producing high quality, reusable software through use of test-driven development and other sound software engineering practices.
- Lead with a user-oriented and value-driven mindset.
- Collaborate with other product teams across ACS as well as the Autodesk Forge Platform.
- Support and guide the growth of members of the development team through participation in software design reviews and code reviews, as well as through performance coaching and direct feedback. Help engineers on the team navigate their personal and professional growth at Autodesk.
- Write unit, functional and regression tests for the code you create, and contribute to the continuous improvement of test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes used across development teams
- BS or MS in a technical field, or significant equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Previous management experience a plus, but not strictly required
- Experience with delivering highly performant and extensible graphics applications in a production setting. Geospatial experience a strong plus, but not strictly required.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Strong senior- or principal-level software development skills, with proficiency in one or more of Swift, C/Objective-C/C++, Java, Kotlin, and C#. Python may also come in handy
- Exceptional debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing/designing highly performant APIs or middleware components a plus
About Autodesk Construction Solutions
Autodesk has fully reimagined the construction business for the digital age, enabling companies to address the most important challenges they face today while preparing for new ways of working in the future. The Autodesk Construction Solutions (ACS) portfolio connects the office, trailer and field so customers can move seamlessly through each phase of a building's lifecycle - from design and preconstruction to construction, turnover and operations - with best-in-class solutions that include Assemble Systems, BIM 360, BuildingConnected and PlanGrid. General contractors, subcontractors, and owners around the world rely on ACS to win more work, enhance collaboration, speed decision-making, reduce risk, and improve overall project outcomes.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top