Director, Technical Program Management: Autodesk Data Transformation
Job Requisition ID #
Autodesk products create more than a petabyte worth of data per day across the architecture, manufacturing, media, and construction industries. Now we're ready to use that data to create better insights, more collaborative experiences, and better outcomes for our customers. Autodesk is tearing down the data silos that once existed between all of our products and working to ensure our customers have a trusted, scalable data platform to build their next transformative project on. We're looking for a world class Director of Technical Program Management to make our vision a reality.
As a leader in our data transformation initiative, you will play a critical role in leading large-scale and cross-functional product releases across our organization. You'll oversee technical programs from inception to market adoption, ensuring all of our teams are operating a peak efficiency, effectively communicating, and delivering on our vision. Your interactions will span individual development teams up through c-staff as you inspect and shepherd our most critical data activities across the company. This is a unique and pivotal role requiring influence, initiative, creativity, and resolve to ensure the team is well positioned to execute.
- Meticulously organized, naturally technical, and highly effective in operating on large, greenfield projects.
- Comfortably context switching between tactical execution and strategic thinking.
- Impeccable executive presence with a gift for strong and inspiring storytelling.
- Respect the crafts of Product, Design, and Engineering and believe that the best customer experiences arise when there is healthy tension between all three.
- Strike a healthy balance between of data-driven decision making and knowing when to simply trust your gut.
- Prefer to take an iterative approach to product releases. You're ok taking calculated risks, and even more ok throwing away work if it doesn't meet customer needs.
- Lead technical programs across dozens of development teams by aligning on vision, scope, business goals, release planning, and measurement objectives.
- Drive executional excellence exercising an Agile approach to software development while demonstration strong analytical and technical skills.
- Conduct Steering Committee meetings with key stakeholders across multiple divisions to align on key decisions, remove blockers, and deliver on key program milestones.
- Develop meaningful relationships with functional and executive stakeholders to ensure we all meet our corporate objectives.
- Mange both direct and matrixed employees to address tactical release issues, technical/architectural dependencies, status updates, KPI reviews, etc.
- Anticipate and remove blockers with appropriate urgency that may slow teams from delivering on project goals.
- 10+ years of enterprise software/technical program or engineering management experience within a technology company.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering SaaS programs and a strong understanding of SaaS business models and product development lifecycles.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top