Director, Security Architecture
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Security @ Autodesk
Our team of security experts helps Autodesk design, build, deploy and maintain secure products. We are embedding security in the full spectrum of how we build our products from inception, design, development, testing to how we are running them in the cloud as well as how we are responding to any existing or emerging threats to our products or the building blocks of our products and services. Our job is to be one step ahead of the bad guys and use expertise, technology and other resources to thwart their efforts to compromise our products and the environment in which they operate. Our team keeps a single-minded focus on protecting our customer's data and their investment in our products by strengthening our applications, underlying services and network.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to serve as our Director of Security Architecture. The ideal candidate will drive security strategy and practices to influence product and system architectures throughout Autodesk. In an organization with a diverse range of products, services, and capabilities, we are accelerating innovation to make security simple and seamless to the thousands of engineers across Autodesk.
As the Director of Security Architecture, you will lead a team of senior-level security architects, responsible for defining and executing on the security strategy of the business. You will collaborate with senior leaders to influence engineering and business decisions with the goal of improving security. This role has a strong emphasis on strategy and foresight to define practices, while also engaging closely with stakeholders with wide backgrounds. The Security Architecture function also includes our Application Security responsibility, which drives our secure development practices. These include topics such as threat modeling/secure design, secure coding (e.g. static analysis/SAST), security testing (e.g. fuzzing and dynamic analysis/DAST), and software composition analysis (SCA).
This position can be based out of our offices in San Francisco or Boston.
- Manage a team of security architects and engineers, including a mix of people managers and individual contributors
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout Autodesk, including engineers, senior management, product management, and program management
- Ensure that Autodesk's security strategy is aligned with the objectives of our products and services
- Design and build security solutions, frameworks, automation and orchestration to secure cloud applications and infrastructure
- Consulting on security architectures related to a mixture of desktop, web, and mobile apps, which all leverage cloud services
- Drive and influence software and infrastructure security across the organization
- Own all elements of people management, including developing and hiring a high-quality team
- Think ahead and catch problems before they arise
- 15+ years of experience in a security domain
- Strong security background, especially in the fields of application security or cloud security
- Experience with cloud computing technologies, especially AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Highly technical with both tactical and strategic capabilities
- Decision maker with the ability to operate with freedom and autonomy
- Emphasis on a data-driven, decision-making mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams and other cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly collaborative in a fast-paced team environment
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top