Director, People Insights
Job Requisition ID #
Location: Open to Remote, Global
We are currently seeking a Director, People Insights to build and evolve a world-class people analytics function at Autodesk. This is a critical leadership role within our People & Places (PPL) organization with responsibility for helping us to create a foundation of data science and analytics to enable our mission to drive better business outcomes by empowering our employees to achieve the new possible - shaping the world and their future.
In this role, you will drive the vision and strategy to realize actionable insights from data that inform better talent and business decisions. You will lead and develop a small, but mighty team of data scientists and data experts who are passionate about leveraging their complex modeling and analytics expertise to find insights that add business value and drive better employee experience outcomes, while making data easier to access and consume. As a strong people leader and data whisperer, you thrive on thinking big and using data to guide your team's work priorities and outcomes. You are adept at artfully challenging conventional narratives, as you lead our shift from data collection and reporting toward evidence-based research and data insights.
- Build and develop a people analytics and insights function beginning with setting a data and insights strategy and 3-year roadmap
- Provide thought leadership and direction for the full lifecycle of people analytics, including sourcing, retention, development, organizational health and culture, exit information and alumni status
- Collaborates and influences multiple internal and external partners across PPL and Autodesk to ensure data strategy objectives are achieved and enable the discovery of insights that drive business actions
- Develop data reporting and dashboard strategy for executive staff, people leaders, employees and PPL partners to scale analytics and democratize data and insights across the enterprise
- Develop people predictive analytics to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research, and translate data and trends into strategies and stories to achieve client, program, and business objectives for resource optimization
- Run and implement surveys including designing questions and reports, delivering executive presentations, creating complex data models and performing analysis to identify trends used for actionable insights and workforce decision-making
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all workforce strategies (e.g., training/development, compensation, inclusion & diversity, performance, etc.), in partnership with PPL leadership team and program leaders, and clearly communicate and influence leaders on findings and recommendations
- Partner closely with HR Technology and IT to define and build the data collection, retention and reporting technologies to enable the People Insights team and data insights strategy
- Provide coaching and training on the use and interpretation of data insights
- Develop and maintain appropriate benchmarks with other organizations
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive data
- Coach and develop team of data scientists and data experts enabling them to thrive and realize their potential
- 8+ years of related experience in business intelligence, data mining, workforce analytics or market insights, with at least 5 years at a leadership level
- Strategic orientation and demonstrated ability to build complex statistical models needed to understand issues at a detailed level and forecast impacts of change
- Have led the interpretation of statistical data in a simplified and understandable way to non-experts (both written and verbally) in the form of graphs, charts, tables and executive presentations, etc.
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SPSS, STATA or Tableau and experience troubleshooting others' analyses
- Demonstrated strengths in collaboration and influencing skills and ability to anticipate problems and opportunities and the initiative to pursue solutions
- Extraordinary analytical skills required, with mastery of business intelligence or related discipline, along with critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results, and being able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse or unavailable
- Attention to detail is a must and you have experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments with the ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent executive presentation skills with the ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research
- PhD in Data Analytics or related graduate education with 5+ years of experience in an industry emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis, etc. or related degree), or MS with 8+ years of experience as described above
- 3+ years' experience managing a team of quantitatively oriented people analysts
- Experience developing tools, conducting empirical research, practical implementation, knowledge of best practices in at least three of the following areas: employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, diversity, compensation, or retention
- Experience with systems such as Visier and Workday
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top