DevOps manager, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
- Bangalore, India
Job Requisition ID #
DevOps manager, Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
We're growing our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team within Autodesk's Digital Enterprise Services IT organization. This team leverages Software Engineering and DevOps principles to build the foundations for the company's business critical systems and processes, utilizing "cloud-first" platforms and services.
As the Manager of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering, you will be empowered to make effective decisions, work collaboratively, and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and at the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends. We are looking for an individual who is ready to lead a team of experienced cloud infrastructure and DevOps engineers.
- Lead a team of cloud infrastructure and DevOps engineers working within a Scrum or Kanban framework on high quality solutions in response to emerging requirements.
- Lead a team of cloud infrastructure and DevOps engineers to build and extend infrastructure for enterprise and business applications in the public cloud environment.
- Lead a team of cloud infrastructure and DevOps engineers to refactor and migrate enterprise and business applications running on-premise to the public cloud.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through ongoing feedback, coaching and tracking the performance.
- Support individual training and career development facilitating career aspirations.
- Manage the performance of your team by communicating clear organizational goals and removing impediments.
- Inspire and motivate team members to sustain productivity and foster innovative creativity while maintaining healthy work-life balance.
- Engage cross-functionally with product managers, architects, experience designers, key stakeholders and your engineering team to define risk/mitigation release plans for project delivery.
- Oversee both the software development process and the tools and technology used by the team to facilitate optimal flow.
- Enable the team to achieve high standards of "done" in areas of quality, security, scalability, performance, and user experience.
- Partner with your software development peers to provide a unified culture of engineering pride and excellence.
- Ability to work with different time zone employees
- 7+ years of experience in managing the Infrastructure team (virtualization, compute and cloud teams)
- 5+ years of leading IT, DevOps, or software development teams.
- 2+ years of development/automation experience (with technologies such as Node.js, Python, Go, Rest APIs, etc.).
- 2+ years of hands on experience in VMware, CloudStack/OpenStack is preferred
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with Azure, AWS or equivalent (e.g. CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and IAM).
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- While not required, AWS certification is desirable.
Life at Autodesk
Innovative. Rewarding. Respectful. These are words we hear every day from employees about life at Autodesk. We empower our customer with technology that impacts the world though better design and we start by empowering our employees to do their best work at home or in the office. We encourage employees to demonstrate their expertise, communicate honestly, and be a bit of a genius. Autodesk employees are free to share opinions and know that they will be respectfully listened to.
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you've ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you've experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything. For more information and open positions visit autodesk.com/careers. To see our culture in action, please check out #AutodeskLife on Instagram or facebook.com/Autodesk careers. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top