Compensation Partner, Sales
- San Francisco, CA
Job Requisition ID #
Are you interested in building the design and delivery of sales compensation programs in a software design and services company that is truly shaping the world?. Do you have the experience and expertise to develop and deliver competitive compensation programs that allow us to attract and retain and meet the needs of a diverse and global population?
- Requires strong leadership skills with the ability to work as a consultant/advisor to optimize the use of the company's sales compensation programs. This includes contributing to the design and delivery of base salary, annual incentives, equity and recognition programs.
- The ultimate objective is to ensure these programs support the attraction and retention of a highly engaged workforce in all countries and across all business units. This position works directly with HR colleagues and sales leadership to complete projects that improve the effectiveness of these programs
- Program Management- participate in the successful completion of the annual compensation cycle, including the cash and equity focal processes and quarterly equity grants. This also includes completing the design of salary structures and equity guidelines as well as testing and rollout of compensation decision making tools and process. Provide guidance to HR and management on compensation decision making, including how to leverage each program to help attract and retain talent
- Delivering Solutions- work with HR Business Partners, HR Managers and Sales Managers on complex compensation related issues. Analyze HR and business data related to key workforce issues (e.g., turnover). Exercise judgment in selecting techniques and evaluation criteria in completing analysis, in reporting key findings and in developing solutions/recommendations. Work jointly with HR Business Partners, HR Managers and Managers to identify issues, conduct research/analysis to determine the root cause of any gaps and to recommend solutions. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments. Consistently handle difficult situations and work in partnership with colleagues in other regions to ensure a globally consistent approach to meet local market needs
- Communication & Education- conduct training as needed to ensure understanding of the company's total compensation philosophy and to optimize the decision making in using each program. Communication and education may involve developing materials, including working with internal or external resources. In addition, provide education/training that will improve compensation decision making; including how to use Workday and other tools used for compensation planning
- Modeling/Analysis & Problem Solving - use our compensation benchmarking tool (MarketPay) and other resources to analyze the competitiveness of the company's compensation against external labor markets where we compete for talent. Recommend potential sales plan and structure design changes and analyze the impact of the investment in each compensation program to optimize the attraction and retention of employees in each local market. Ensure analytical tools are used to benchmark the company's compensation practices and to analyze the competitiveness of pay position. Apply sound compensation theory in the review and in suggesting improvements. Ensure competitiveness of programs using local market surveys and develop ad hoc surveys as needed
- Partnering with HR & Business- enthusiasm for partnering with colleagues and the ability to inspire, influence and encourage others. Help drive the talent strategy to help drive achievement of business goals and to improve the employee experience. Success in this role requires the ability to network with senior internal and external contacts
- 7+ years progressive experience in sales compensation program management, experience working in the technology industry preferred
- Experience providing compensation consulting/support to client groups within an organization
- Experience conducting education/training for management and non-management audiences
- Strong analytical skills, including use of Excel
- Working in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top