CloudPC DevOps Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Job Requisition ID #
The Desktop Virtualization Team within the Digital Enterprise Services IT organization of Autodesk is looking for someone to help cultivate the way we build services in the cloud. Our team delivers virtualized desktops and applications to Autodesk employees around the globe to enable them to use the software they need without the maintenance or costs of physical hardware.
Our team is made up of a diverse group of people from around the world-from Shanghai to Toronto to places in-between. We're developing our team culture to build cloud services that are resilient, efficient, and scalable and solve the needs of the people who use our service. We rely on software development and DevOps principles and best practices to help deliver these services and are always in search of ways we can improve.
The team is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the team and provide leadership in automating solutions for our operational tasks for both on-premise and in Azure. This will be a great role for someone looking to work on a wonderful team with interesting challenges.
- Build operational automation to allow for the continuous delivery of our services
- Help design and build services that are able to self-heal when possible
- Implement monitoring and alerting for our services when things fail beyond repair
- Help with our team's continual transition from traditional IT operations to a DevOps mindset
- Provide expertise to the team for managing services within a cloud provider
- Drive strong DevOps principles within the team
- Work across teams to ensure we're adhering to company standards and using solutions available to us for using cloud providers
- Be proactive in taking on work and show leadership in solving problems and defining important projects
- Fully document the infrastructure, workflows, and code used to automate and monitor our service
- Occasionally help with providing customer support
- Excellent written communication skills for working with our globally diverse team
- The ability to dig into hard problems and find solutions-diagnosing, debugging, and solving issues that may arise.
- Experience managing services on Azure, including the ability to automate deployments, write infrastructure as code, monitor the health of the services, and help handle issues as they arise
- Proficiency with AWS CloudFormation, Azure Blueprints, ARM Templates for handling Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with automated configuration management tools
- Experience with creating and maintaining CI/CD Pipelines
- Skilled in Python or PowerShell for writing system and service automations
- Strong experience and understanding of writing software with languages and platforms like Python, Java, Go, or .NET
- An ability to learn new technologies and share those learnings to help the team continuously improve our service and workflows
- Experience with agile principles and have opinions on how those principles can best be used to deliver software on a distributed team
- Expertise with cloud architecture patterns that are both technically sound and cost effective
- An understanding of deploying and maintaining Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- An ability to mentor and guide others DevOps best practices
- Experience with Citrix, specifically Citrix Cloud, Virtual Desktop, and Virtual Applications
- Experience maintaining a single service over an extended period of time to understand the initial challenges along with ongoing challenges
- Full stack experience, from managing infrastructure to developing frontend applications
- Strong understanding of how to build and work with REST APIs
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top