Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Novi, MI
Job Requisition ID #
We're growing our Cloud Management team within the Enterprise IT organization. This team leverages DevOps principles to provide foundations and support for Autodesk's AWS and Azure development communities. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer within our Cloud Management Services under Infrastructure as a Service group to work in supporting our Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure environments. The ideal candidate is comfortable wearing multiple hats: diplomat, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter.
- Fielding cloud management requests and providing support for AWS and Azure user communities
- Troubleshooting and solutioning of issues in the AWS and Azure environments
- Interact with the internal AWS and Azure user communities to understand requests/issues, establish clear expectations, and provide effective communication throughout the support process
- Work with other members of the globally-based Cloud Management Services team to ensure efficient resolution of requests
- Performing analysis of request/support items to identify trends and/or areas for the implementation of automation efficiencies
- Design and build automation solutions to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency
- Providing visibility into metrics for the AWS/Azure management, operations, and support processes
- Ensuring cloud services are used within compliance guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- AWS Certification is desirable
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS IaC (Infrastructure-as-Code) and DevOps expertise
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels, and documenting solutions
- Able to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development
- Confident of your skills, abilities, and willingness to share what you know, while learning from others
- Able to manage daily support activities to ensure completion of operational requests within agreed Service Level Objectives
- Able to think and act with an "automation" mindset to problem-solving
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems
- Able to think abstractly and guide others
- Good understanding of AWS and Azure costing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with AWS (CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and IAM)
- 1+ years of development/automation experience (with tools such as Python, Node.js, Go, Rest APIs, etc.)
- Literacy with Agile practices and tools (such as Jira, Kanban, etc.)
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top