Business Support Analyst
- Novi, MI
Job Requisition ID #
As a member of the Site Reliability team, you will be tasked with detecting and resolving incidents within minutes. This objective is met by monitoring the services, reacting to problems, and proactively addressing issues before they affect performance or availability.
When not fighting fires, the team is responsible for fire prevention through monitoring, automation, self-healing and resiliency initiatives, destructive testing, and game day exercises. The incumbent in this role would demonstrate a strong focus on tactical operations, as well as large-scale production engineering and orchestration.
- Keep the customer-facing services available at top performance by maintaining the constant health of the supporting systems
- Incident management - Act in key response roles during major incidents e.g. Sev0, Sev1. Also, participate in the technical review of the incident for problem management
- Problem Management - populate in participate in (Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) and hand them off to the Global Solutions team
- Ensuring that work carried out by the Site Reliability team is executed in such a way as to comply with the company's internal compliance policy and directives
- Being available to discuss and resolve technical issues and escalations with other technical staff as required
- Work with and lead other members of the team in staying on top of key industry innovation and technology, and assist in team development growth
- Identifying work opportunities and preparing or assisting with the preparation of technical proposals as required
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly successfully handle multiple priorities
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience Systems engineering experience in enterprise scale internet service engineering or related role
- Expertise in TCP/IP related technologies
- Experience with monitoring implementations and administration
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Past experience in Incident Management and ITIL service operations Experience in working in a 24/7 team managing large data centers
- Masters in Computer Science
- Perl/Python/BASH scripting experience
- Chef/Puppet or automated deployment experience
- Experience in maintaining a monitoring and alert systems
- Experience troubleshooting relational databases and distributed platforms Experience in maintaining Java applications
- Experience in Docker orchestration and management
- Hands on experience configuring and managing AWS (Amazon Web Services), using the CLI/SDKs
- Experience managing systems monitoring and alerts
- Experience with JVM optimization and Java server technologies
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top