AWS Cloud Engineer - Monitoring
- Bengaluru, India
Job Requisition ID #
Position Overview :
We're looking for a Software Engineer, observability at Bangalore,India Location to manage and maintain Application Performance monitoring/observability and AIOps tools and framework. The Autodesk Digital Enterprise Services team is looking for a new team member to become a Cloud Observability engineer to work with the Observability Services Team. The Observability Engineer is a customer focused leader of the Observability Services team focused on scaling and supporting AI based observability platform across Autodesk Enterprise technology stack. Duties include defining Proactive tooling, AI Ops requirements, and identifying available solutions, engaging with a wide range of internal application, infrastructure and SRE, database teams, developing a scalable monitoring service offering that meets customer demand, and guiding the implementation of evolving technologies towards Proactive Services
- Building and deploying, scalable, high performing, monitoring solutions and APIs.
- Work with monitoring tools and technologies such as Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Datadog, New Relic, LogicMonitor to identify application bottlenecks.
- Active collaboration across multiple teams to help design, build and review high quality observability system and serve as a subject matter expert on Observability tools.
- Integrate Monitoring tools with operational data platforms such as Elasticsearch, Splunk, Grafana using AWS Kinesis or other integration layers like Kafka.
- Manage and maintain a large AWS infrastructure environment for Observability platform.
- Research industry trends and evolution of Proactive Services to remain on the cutting edge of Proactive Observability capabilities
- Provide leadership and direction on tooling adoption to the proactive observability teams, resulting in increased overall customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Meet with Engineering and Operations team to understand and capture their business context and requirements for monitoring, and on a monthly basis to review Observability service value, trends and facilitate any updates to the agreed monitoring plan.
- Innovative self-starter who seeks creative ways to contribute to the observability team, improve user experiences and tackle observability problems.
- Enthusiastic about data visualization using Grafana, Influx DB and Redshift to provide operational visibility.
- Engage with Engineering teams early in the development lifecycle to integrate APM solutions for distributed tracing and end-to-end visibility.
- 5 years' overall experience in Information Technology (IT)
- Experience in Application monitoring Dynatrace or New Relic
- Experience in Python or Java Script programming
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Technical curiosity and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A passion for ensuring Autodesk applications are observable
- 2+ years' experience in a Monitoring Engineering related role
- AWS Service Experience
- Preferred exposure in emerging technologies such as microservices, containers, cloud services, etc
- Hands on in analysis of application configuration, various logs, GC, thread dump & Heap dump, network log (tcp dump)
- Knowledge of agile, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Automation using Python, Shell scripts and PowerShell.
- Automation using Chef would be a plus
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Dynatrace Associate Certification would be a plus
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Back to top