AR, VR, MR Technical Advocate / SME
- Toronto, Canada
Job Requisition ID #
Virtual and augmented reality are transforming design and creation through new immersive and collaborative experiences that will impact how major segments like entertainment, architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing converge. The industry is being transformed by XR technology growth, creating new ways of working to review, collaborate and create.
In this role, you will be part of the AR/VR/MR (XR) team responsible for Autodesk's XR position doing research and proof of concepts to demonstrate XR value. Our team will guide and assist product groups across Autodesk to deliver XR workflows to our customers. In this role, you will be reporting to the Sr. Product Manager for AR/VR/MR.
You have a passion for XR and are excited about the opportunity to influence Autodesk's point of view and position on the topic? You want to be part of a swift and mighty team exploring and prototyping XR ideas with the latest technology platforms and shape the future of XR for Autodesk? If so, we want to talk with you.
- Leverage your industry expertise to guide problems to solve and propose XR solutions to those problems on the team.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the team to help design, prototype, implement, test and troubleshoot XR workflows according to market requirements and product specifications.
- Work with the product manager, the experience designer and software developers to perform research and implement proof of concepts for XR. This includes user interaction and software solutions, leveraging third-party tools and partners (Nvidia, Unity, etc.).
- Prepare and perform demos of XR solutions for internal and external stakeholders and inspire them in communicating our vision and direction.
- Interact with internal and external customers, along with the product manager to help defining workflows and use cases to address.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of our XR solutions.
- Participate in agile development process, including daily scrum, sprint planning and regularly team meetings.
- Test software on supported XR devices.
- Experience working with 3D tools in Architecture, Engineering & Construction and/or Design & Manufacturing industries.
- Experience with AR, VR and MR.
- Game engine experience with either Unity or Unreal.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details coherently to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Team player, cross team cooperation skills.
- Ability to be pragmatic.
- Works independently and can manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to hold yourself and other people into account, working in a structured way.
- Ability to work in a start-up fashion even within a big company (things will move fast).
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience with full stack models, services, and cloud deployment.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Comfortable with 3D math and modern graphics pipeline.
- Experience with using a scripting language like Lua or Python.
- Knowledge of Universal Scene Description format (USD).
The perfect candidate has experience working in the Design & Manufacturing industry (with Autodesk Fusion, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, etc.) as well as Architecture Engineering Construction industry experience, has a strong interest in technology and has implemented XR solutions in the field.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top