Accounting Operations Analyst
- Golden, CO
Job Requisition ID #
P o s i t i on O v e r v i e w
The Accounting Operations team is responsible for implementing projects supporting both customer-facing initiatives, internal-facing accounting and reporting initiatives as well as M&A. The Accounting Operations analyst will work closely with the Accounting Operations manager to provide support to the business for new business models and M&A in addition to traditional accounting tasks. This role will be instrumental in assisting with quote-to-collect integration of new business acquisitions. This role will also assist the M&A integration team in developing strategies for integrating businesses.
R es p o ns i bi l i t i e s
- Support Accounting Operations Managers to integrate new business models into the Autodesk ecosystem in the most efficient and automated manner
- Analyze accounting, reporting and process implications of new business models and provide guidance to the business
- Attend core stakeholder meetings for the new business initiatives and provide feedback to the team on the integration of the model
- Assist in developing test scripts and performing user acceptance testing for new business models
- Perform account analyses and reconciliations for M&A revenue and deferred revenue related accounts on a worldwide basis.
- Prepare journal entries for M&A revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable.
- Work closely with international locations as needed to obtain information necessary to analyze M&A transactions and reconcile accounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly audit schedules and prepare periodic reports to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Implement and document processes and procedures as required including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Support and participate in companywide projects for revenue accounting as well as order to cash cycles
- This role will also focus on helping the team develop improved internal reports for analytical analysis of revenue trends
M i ni m u m Q u a li f i ca t i o n s
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- At least 2 years of experience
- "Self-starter" with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills and a can-do attitude
- Revenue or general accounting experience
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and data mining skills. Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Experience with monthly and quarterly close activities, account reconciliations, problem resolution, audit schedule preparation and working with external and internal auditors
P r e f e r r e d Q u a li f i c a t i o n s
- Experience with financial systems such as SAP, Business Objects and RevPro is a plus
- Knowledge of ASC 606
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .
Back to top