Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As a Platform Backend Developer, you will be faced with complex challenges.
- Work closely with product managers and customers to define and build our next-gen platform services
- Work with other strong developers to design generic yet customizable infrastructures which require a deep understanding of distributed systems and architectural design patterns.
- Work on enterprise-grade and open platform capabilities such as open APIs and integrations.
- Guide and collaborate with team members on code reviews and design challenges.
What You Bring
- You are a strong Backend Developer that is passionate about planning, designing and implementing solutions to complex architectural problems.
- You are experienced with best practices for architectural design, specifically must have a deep understanding of microservices architectures and their flavors, and how the moving parts need to evolve together with the scale of the product & team.
- Your stack - You love exploring and being an early adopter of cutting edge technologies. Experienced with at least one of the following: Go, Nodejs, Python, Java, or similar. You have experience working with Databases (NoSQL as an advantage) and dealing with data scale challenges.
- Your playground - You design and develop services as part of a microservices architecture, deploying to a major cloud provider (Google, AWS, etc.) using CI/CD workflows.
- Own it - You are eager to make an impact and you know how to drive new technological perspectives and initiatives.
- Team player - You love working with people. You want to be a part of a team that enjoys sharing different technological approaches and have the opportunity to coach and share your learnings from past experience.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Meet Augury's R&D Team:
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.