Hands-on Backend Architect
- Haifa, Israel
Machines Talk, We Listen. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. We are on a mission to make machines more reliable and reduce their impact on the environment. Our Machine Health platform combines Artificial Intelligence and IoT, to generate insights that help customers lower costs, reduce downtime, and increase supply chain resilience.
As a hands-on Architect, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our backend architecture - our team & product is growing rapidly, and the architecture should grow with it. You will be a focal point for designing the moving parts of the architecture, define the standards/practices which other engineers should follow while facing challenges in solving complex problems in high-scale 24/7 data intensive applications.
A Day In Your Life
As a hands on architect, you will be faced with complex challenges.
- You will take our microservices architecture to the next level, in terms of architectural roadmap while considering best practices to allow high velocity and quality for our developers.
- Design and Implement cross architectural services/components to support different autonomous R&D squads in their missions.
- Keep our backend tech stack and architecture up to date with industry standards.
- Guide and collaborate with team members on code reviews and design challenges.
What You Bring
- You are a strong backend developer that is passionate about planning, designing and implementing solutions to complex architectural problems.
- You are experienced with best practices for architectural design, specifically must have a deep understanding of microservices architectures and their flavours, and how the moving parts need to evolve together with the scale of the product & team.
- Your stack - You love exploring and being an early adopter of cutting edge technologies. Experienced with at least one of the following: Go, Nodejs, Python, Java, or similar. You have experience working with Databases (NoSQL as an advantage) and dealing with data scale challenges.
- Your playground - You design and develop services as part of a microservices architecture, deploying to a major cloud provider (Google, AWS, etc.) using CI/CD workflows.
- Own it - You are eager to make an impact and you know how to drive new technological perspectives and initiatives.
- Team player - You love working with people. You want to be a part of a team that enjoys sharing different technological approaches and have the opportunity to coach and share your learnings from past experience.
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We treat each other with respect, dignity, and humility - we are only as good as the relationships we build. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Back to top