Data Engineering Manager
- Haifa, Israel
Machines Talk, We Listen. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. We are on a mission to make machines more reliable and reduce their impact on the environment. Our Machine Health platform combines Artificial Intelligence and IoT, to generate insights that help customers lower costs, reduce downtime, and increase supply chain resilience.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will provide the vision and clarity for building best practices, with the mission to evolve our data infrastructure. Your team will enable our Data Science team to develop, build and implement accurate ML models to provide accurate diagnostics in production at scale.
A Day In Your Life
In this role you will split your time between hands on development and managing a team. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the global organization.
- Build and continuously adapt our data infrastructure vision & strategy based on our business requirements and data scale.
- Build and shape the team, enabling each team member’s growth, and hire new members.
- Work closely with the data science and analyst teams to build the best infrastructure for their needs.
- Build core data infrastructure to support running Machine Learning models that provide near real time prediction in production.
- Debug core performance problems around big data processing, querying, and data pipelines efficiency in both production & research environment.
- Work with key stakeholders and Engineering leadership to drive holistic technology and tools implementation which will enable data stakeholders autonomy
What You Bring
- People First: You have passion for building a strong team which has a meaningful impact on the company. You've built teams and coached team members on personal and professional growth both as a group and individuals.
- Own it: You work with the company leadership to understand the business requirements and goals, and plan solutions to adapt to the different scale stages. You have the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress.
- Your Playground: You're curious and passionate about bringing cutting edge technologies, and working on different tools and technologies. You have hands-on experience in:
- Large scale data infrastructure
- Data processing frameworks such as Beam, Spark, Storm, etc.
- Streaming systems on a large scale such as kafka etc.
- Working in a distributed (micro)services architecture.
- Proficient & versatile development skills, preferably in Python
We love creating stuff. We are passionate about building meaningful products that can change the world. Our team is a diverse group of people that breed creative thinking and are not afraid of having fun. We are only as good as the relationships we build - we treat each other with respect, dignity and humility. We don’t pursue the mythical work-life balance - there is only life, and Augury is a part of it.
Paid parental leave
Back to top