Machine Health is the key to Global Productivity. We are on a mission to build a world where people can always rely on the machines that matter. We are all surrounded by machines and rely on them in everything we do - from the buildings in which we live and work, the goods that we consume, to the power and running water that we use. There is a significant cost and effort that goes into designing, manufacturing, installing and maintaining the machines that enable and support our daily lives.
Augury is making machines more reliable by combining two key shifts in the industry: artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things. The intersection of these trends allows Augury to provide machines with a mechanical nervous system and the awareness to optimize their own health, thereby accelerating human productivity and safety.
As a Data Engineer at Augury, you will apply your skills at the forefront of Big Data using cutting edge data processing tools and technologies to drive Augury’s AI & BI core. You will deal with over one million recordings a day, totaling up to 0.5TB ingested daily and growing. Data is essential in keeping Augury’s ML models at the top of their game!As part of the Data Engineering Team, you will build scalable and robust big-data infrastructure, pipelines and help shape our data lake. You will work closely with Data Science & Analytics teams to provide fast and accurate business insights.
A Day In Your Life
- Work closely with the Data Science and Analyst teams to build the best infrastructure for their needs.
- Build core infrastructure to support running Machine Learning models that do near real-time prediction.
- Build CI/CD infrastructure for our big data architecture components that includes code linting, tests, monitoring and deployment.
- Debug core performance problems around big DB query, data pipelines efficiency and code complexity in both production & research environment.
- Research, share & embed technical best practices and conventions to enable data democratization, accessibility and integrity across the organization.
- Be a GO-TO Person inside/outside the data engineering team for software architecture / design related topics.
What You Bring
- Your playground - You’re a Data Engineer with at least 3 years of experience working on large scale data infrastructure. You enjoy working with data processing frameworks such as Beam, Spark, Storm and with streaming systems on a large scale such as Kafka etc. You are well acquainted with distributed (micro) services architecture. You are a proficient & versatile developer (preferably in Python). Experience in creating end-to-end MLOps flows and working in multiple clouds vendors (Azure, AWS, GCP) is nice to have. You contribute to open-source from time to time and see it as a hobby.
- Own it - You are eager to drive meaningful changes by leading initiatives and projects. You’re a restless problem solver and have a good understanding of our system.
- Team player- You love working with people. You have an open mind and are an active listener.
- Stock options
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO
Augury is a people-first organization. We believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and we welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Augury is a proud equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a work environment in which everyone, all applicants, employees, customers, guests, and vendors feel safe and comfortable. We commit to maintain a workplace that is free of any type of harassment and does not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating, or hurting others. We prohibit willful discrimination based on age, gender, ethnicity, race, color, religion, political opinions, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.