Software Development Engineer - Java
Catalog Metadata Services (CMS) group is the repository for all data pertaining to Audible products. These critical services process incoming metadata from providers and manage the workflow from publishing to the various consumer markets. CMS receives, parses, validates and enriches raw data such as professionally narrated audio files. Additionally, we provide the applications that allow the metadata team to enhance and manually enrich this data. Once the final product is fully prepared, CMS is responsible for the publishing to markets which include: Audible, Amazon and Apple iTunes.
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short and long term impact on Audible's business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
• Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas
• Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code
• Partner with product management to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
• Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
• Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization
• Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues
• Has contributory impact on team/discipline performance
• Accountable for meeting own target which will impact the discipline.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you!
Back to top