Software Development Engineer II
- Newark, NJ
At Audible we are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
How does Amazon fit in?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve complex problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
About the role and team
This Business Systems team is chartered to build the next generation of software systems required to scale and grow Audible and own company-wide HR and Finance transformation projects. The Business Systems team within Audible Tech is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to build its next generation of software platform required to integrate and automate core business processes within Audible. Candidates who delight in evolving technology platforms and obsess over customer success should apply. This opportunity is not for an order taker. You will be involved in the overall vision, culture and direction of the team. Successful candidates will enjoy working in collaborative, randomized and fast-paced environments.
• Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas
• Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code
• Partner with business stakeholders to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
• Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
• Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization
• Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues
Back to top