Software Development Engineer - Adobe Product & Data
- Newark, NJ
Our Data Technology team owns and develops the technology platform that offers decision makers both performance metrics and analysis as well as the self-service capability to perform independent analysis on a wide array of internal and external datasets in order to identify opportunities, trends and issues, uncover new insights, and fine-tune operations to meet business goals.
In this role, you will be instrumental in revolutionizing the way Audible captures high quality, reusable data from across our landscape of applications and services. You will partner with other software engineering teams and work together on building platforms for data capture and other areas of our data ecosystem to improve data availability and data instrumentation, and help to positively transform the value of data across Audible, by unlocking data so that it is faster, more available, more robust, and more of an actively useful asset for Audible teams to leverage.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
• Play a leading role in building and maintaining the infrastructure for Enterprise Data Platforms, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems and data streaming, and operational excellence best practices
• Work closely with product owners and engineers across the company to instrument key data elements
• Design, build, and support platforms for monitoring and surfacing data quality issues
• Integrate different technologies to provide data lineage and visibility
• Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
• Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
• Peer reviews of work. Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
Back to top