Senior Software Development Engineer II
Our Data Platform team owns and develops the technology platform that empowers other teams in the data organization with powerful real-time/streaming, batch processing, and other big data solutions, supporting a variety of use-cases from real-time event-driven systems, to data warehousing and enterprise business analytics, to predictive analysis and machine learning. We offer decision makers both performance metrics and analysis as well as the self-service capability to perform independent analysis on a wide array of internal and external datasets in order to identify opportunities, trends and issues, uncover new insights, and fine-tune operations to meet business goals.
In this role, you will be instrumental in revolutionizing the core data platform at the heart of Audible's entire data ecosystem (which also leverages and extends into Amazon's enormous data ecosystem). You will partner with other software engineering teams both in upstream data producing and downstream data consuming roles, to build a technology platform that empowers them with robust, flexible data products, services, and frameworks which allow all teams at Audible to build data-driven solutions for any of their needs.
• Play a leading role in building and maintaining the infrastructure for Enterprise Data Platforms, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems and data streaming, and operational excellence best practices
• Work closely with product owners and engineers across the company to design and implement reusable platform-level solutions
• Design, build, and support platforms that enable seamless integration and processing across a variety of data systems
• Champion building real-time or event-driven data processing systems and frameworks, especially where real-time solutions did not exist before
• Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
• Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
• Peer reviews of work. Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
Back to top