Senior Full Stack Engineer - Content Systems
- Newark, NJ
Audible Digital Asset Management (ADAM) group is the repository for all audio data pertaining to Audible products. These critical services/pipelines process incoming metadata from providers and manage the workflow from publishing the audio to various consumer markets. ADAM receives, process, validates (QC to find issue in audio) and enriches (encodes) raw audio and generated downloadable and streaming audio assets. Additionally, we provide the applications that allow the audio operations team to perform their job in an efficient manner. Once the final product is fully prepared, ADAM is responsible for the publishing to markets which include: Audible, Amazon and Apple iTunes.
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short and long term impact on Audible's business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire ADAM pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
• Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
• Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
• Developing solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
• Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
• Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
• Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
• Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community. Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 4+ years industry experience in software development.
• Server-side development experience, preferably in Java/Spring/Hibernate Client-side app development experience, preferably in Android.
• Experience in multiple AWS services, especially with stateless service experience leading full stack development web teams.
• Strong Object Oriented development skills.
• Expertise in Java.
• Solid Computer Science fundamentals.
• Experience developing and maintaining robust high availability distributed software systems.
• Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, enterprising and willing to take ownership.
• Familiarization with AWS will be an advantage.
• A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
• Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top