Head of Audible Live
- Newark, NJ
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As our content offerings expand, we are looking for an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative leader to develop the strategy and vision and assume day-to-day leadership of Audible Live, a new initiative to provide high quality, live video streaming on the Audible app and website. In this newly established role, you will lead a team single-mindedly focused on building and delivering a distinctive, best-in-class live experience.
This role requires a combination of strategic thinking and operational excellence, a passion for results, and an attitude that anything is possible. Your mission is unique and powerful - help us make history by driving the strategy, operations and expansion of Audible Live.
• You thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-changing, and collaborative environment where people are driven and enthusiastic problem-solvers.
• You're a seasoned entrepreneur who has developed and grown successful digital platforms to scale.
• You're a visionary who takes delight in disrupting the status quo and doesn't know the meaning of the words "too big".
• You're a born leader who can drive results from cross functional teams.
• You're an exceptional verbal and written communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
As Head of Audible Live, you will...
• Work in lockstep with our production, talent management, marketing, product marketing, tech and product partners to build and deliver a distinctive, best-in-class live experience.
• Develop our Audible Live strategy through iteration, data analysis, and constant communication with teammates throughout the organization.
• Own go-to-market strategy and oversee implementation for product and feature enhancements to Audible Live.
• Drive our position in an increasingly exciting market by partnering with our talent management team to create a compelling talent slate and clear value proposition for Audible Live.
• Work closely with Finance, Analytics and Product Marketing to define and measure success.
• Partner with our International country leaders to drive expansion of Audible Live to our existing international marketplaces.
• Be a thought leader with demonstrated ability to drive positive change in an organization.
• Flourish in fast-paced and extremely dynamic environments with the ability to be self-sufficient, proactive and embrace ambiguity.
• 10+ years experience in business strategy, product development and product marketing, with experience in defining and driving new products, features, benefits and ideas toward market launch rollout.
• 6+ years of work experience as a GM or Product Manager, 2+ years leading a team.
• Experience building consumer-facing products that touch millions of users.
• Bachelor's degree.
• The ability to lead complex teams and products through launch while handling an incredible number of moving pieces.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top